Hair Loss

Well I’m starting to go bald, but that sure as hell ain’t gonna keep me from running AAS. Just wondering if I can slow it down…Been using Minoxidil 5% Topical, and Dutasteride .5mg EOD…

Now will the Dutasteride have any negative effect when running aromatizable AAS like Test since it blocks 5-alpha enzyme and stops the conversion to DHT.

Dutasteride has a long half life, taking about 6 months to clear your body after you stop using it, so if you get side effects, you are in trouble for a long time. Better to take something like finasteride with a short half life in case of side effects.

^^ half-life is only one aspect to consider.

And please correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t dutasteride developed because finasteride wasn’t without its drawbacks?

[quote]Cron391

Now will the Dutasteride have any negative effect when running aromatizable AAS like Test since it blocks 5-alpha enzyme and stops the conversion to DHT. [/quote]

Yes, it will. It will decrease the anabolic effects of the testosterone: how significantly, though, is unclear. In addition, there is a very high probability that that shit will fuck you up permanently. Look into Viviscal.

[quote]The Greek wrote:

[quote]Cron391

Now will the Dutasteride have any negative effect when running aromatizable AAS like Test since it blocks 5-alpha enzyme and stops the conversion to DHT. [/quote]

Yes, it will. It will decrease the anabolic effects of the testosterone: how significantly, though, is unclear. In addition, there is a very high probability that that shit will fuck you up permanently. Look into Viviscal. [/quote]

Ya I kinda figured, but why?

[quote]chillain wrote:
^^ half-life is only one aspect to consider.

And please correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t dutasteride developed because finasteride wasn’t without its drawbacks?
[/quote]

The difference is that Dutasteride shuts down DHT production more completely, in more body tissues, than Finasteride does. Therefore, if you are prone to side effects from this class of drugs, Dutasteride would likely be worse for you than Finasteride, and if that happens you cannot quickly stop Dutasteride because it stays in your body, suppressing DHT, for so many months, whereas Finasteride is cleared from the body in a few days.

Yes but hows does supressing DHT…hinder gains while on AAS.