T Nation

Hair Loss From Gear

Hey everyone… just curious who here has experience hair loss because of gear. and what are some preventitive measures that will help ensure that it doesnt happen to me.!?

i think i’m in the category of it becoming an issue. so obviously i want to avoid the problem before it becomes a problem all the while doing juice.

i know that testosterone based gear is the worst for it… but in all honesty i just want to know some good preventative measures when dealing with it… and also when to do the preventitive measures

only on cycle?
all year?

thanks

Nizoral shampoo helps prevent DHT related hair loss. I know Primo has a bad rep for hair loss. I dont kow if it’s DHT related though.

i’ll stay away from primo then. are any of the tests more apt for keeping hair, then others?

I really want to avoid this at all costs. and is nizoral shampoo still requires to have a prescription!?

I said it once and I will say it again, I wished my fucking hair would fall out…I’m tired of shaveing this shit.

Get swole,
biscuite

[quote]SwD wrote:
Nizoral shampoo helps prevent DHT related hair loss. I know Primo has a bad rep for hair loss. I dont kow if it’s DHT related though.
[/quote]

This is a new one on me! I thought Primo and deca where the two safest with regards to hair loss as well as everything else. Do you have a source on this or is this your personal experience?

[quote]phenom3 wrote:
i know that testosterone based gear is the worst for it… but in all honesty i just want to know some good preventative measures when dealing with it… and also when to do the preventitive measures
thanks[/quote]

Actually Test only cycles while using Proscar/Finistride throughout to block the DHT are fairly mild on hair loss.

Sorry to semi-hitchhike the thread, but I really like Ergopharm’s 1-AD. I respond to it enormously, but I’ve noticed this in some of the supplement descriptions(before this they talked about 1-AD tranforming into 1-test):

No Aromatization

1-testosterone differs from testosterone in another way as well. Being a 5alpha-reduced androgen (a DHT derivative) it simply cannot aromatize to estrogens. The same goes for 1-AD itself ? no estrogen transformation can occur. This makes 1-AD unique compared to other prohormones ? all of which can either aromatize directly, convert to a product that aromatizes, or both.

So being a “DHT” derivative does that mean I should worry about hair loss? Or being a derivative, does that mean its not even close to the same compound? I’ve only taken 1 bottle of it in the past before the ban, and didn’t notice any hair loss but then wasn’t paying much attention either. I’ve taken VPX 1-Test, ran a cycle of Halodrol-50, and neither gave me the results as the 1-AD did.

[quote]biscuite wrote:
I said it once and I will say it again, I wished my fucking hair would fall out…I’m tired of shaveing this shit.

Get swole,
biscuite[/quote]

all my fucking hair did fall out, and I mean all of it everywhere. it really freaked me out for a couple of years, but after a while i adjusted and it stopped bothering me. i have just started hrt, cuz i am an old fart (58) and i hope it has no impact on hair. i save lots of money and time not having to shave or get haircuts.

If you cant get Nizoral, Nioxin has a rep to prevent DHT related hair loss too. In fact, I bought some today :slight_smile:

I’ll see how it goes.

[quote]SwD wrote:
If you cant get Nizoral, Nioxin has a rep to prevent DHT related hair loss too. In fact, I bought some today :slight_smile:

I’ll see how it goes.

[/quote]

Nioxin’s the shit. I’ve never used gear. But I had thin hair, and no with daily use of Nioxin, I have thick hair.

Now that’s an endorsement! I have thinning hair just in the front - I’ll do my best to prevent an half-bald skull look!

I dont want to use Proscar or any pills. I’d rather use topical solutions.

If you’re thinnning just accept it or don’t juice.

Interestingly Primo was really bad on my hair. Even at 100mg per week, as was winny and Deca.

Test was not. I would never shed a hair on test. Go figure.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
SwD wrote:
If you cant get Nizoral, Nioxin has a rep to prevent DHT related hair loss too. In fact, I bought some today :slight_smile:

I’ll see how it goes.

Nioxin’s the shit. I’ve never used gear. But I had thin hair, and no with daily use of Nioxin, I have thick hair.[/quote]

Is this just a shampoo, or something you apply? How many times a day do you have to use it?

Thanks

" If you’re thinnning just accept it or don’t juice."

That’s like saying accept you can get gyno or dont juice. If side effects can be avoided, such as hair loss that can be avoided with Nizoral or Nioxin, then you can have gains AND keep your hair.

Otherwise sure, it’d be a choice. But I think you can around side effects so why not do it? We take AI and anti-E so why not stuff that can keep the hair?