T Nation

Hair Growth

Just wondering if anyone has noticed a very significant increase in the growth of body and facial hair while on cycle.

I’ve never been exceptionally hairy. but for the past few months, my arm,leg, chest and abdomen hair has increased a lot. also, the beard is much thicker. i know that it’s a side effect of a cycle but was just wondering if others have had significant growth as well.

I’m going to have to change my name from meat to silver back gorilla pretty soon.

meat

Same effects here on TRT dosing. Have heard same from others as well.

The conclusion that I come to is that this means the current test levels are significantly higher than one had when young.

Some might also report little facial hair or delayed development when younger.

Nails will get thicker, stronger and grow faster as well. Aged thin/crinkly skin will become elastic again and thicker.

These are things that are easy to see. Many thing may be happening internally too.

How old are you meat? At 27 hair is still increasing ALL over the body, and it’s not from anabolics. It’s ridiculous. At one point I didn’t think I would have a full beard, now I’m just hoping I don’t have a full upper-arm beard.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
How old are you meat? At 27 hair is still increasing ALL over the body, and it’s not from anabolics. It’s ridiculous. At one point I didn’t think I would have a full beard, now I’m just hoping I don’t have a full upper-arm beard.[/quote]

I’m 33. I thought I would never grow a full beard as well, but I can see new hair growth on my face pretty much daily as well as on the body. I have another three months left on this cycle, maybe I should start stocking up on bananas now.

The cycle is pretty tame too- only 750mg a week of test. one good thing- no pattern baldness. It’s all growing not falling out.

meat

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Funny stuff. It could be genetics though too, as I don’t ‘supplement.’ It seems like a ‘late bloomer’ kind of thing. My dad is a hairy beast, I mean like “heavy thrower” hairy and on my mom’s side they are pretty hairless.

I started out looking more like my mom’s family and as time goes on the hair keeps coming!

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Funny stuff. It could be genetics though too, as I don’t ‘supplement.’ It seems like a ‘late bloomer’ kind of thing. My dad is a hairy beast, I mean like “heavy thrower” hairy and on my mom’s side they are pretty hairless.

I started out looking more like my mom’s family and as time goes on the hair keeps coming![/quote]

I’m right there with you. My dad always had a beard when i was young and as I got older, I grew much bigger than him but couldn’t seem to grow a beard.

Looks like I’m getting my wish and then some now. the crazy thing is that I can notice, daily, more hair growth.

meat

LOL, I’m with ya bro.

LOL since starting TRT Im growing shit like a damn troll LOL so yes got the same issues. friggin hair coing out of places oh man. LOL

Prior to TRT I was shaving every 4 days or less now it daily, chest, legs wrists, friggin ears, im like a damn Chia pet so yes I think its common. or atleast in those who were extremely low on T prior as I was a fucking 40. So n ot sure why it wouldnt happen if one was to go on a cycle.

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
LOL since starting TRT Im growing shit like a damn troll LOL so yes got the same issues. friggin hair coing out of places oh man. LOL

Prior to TRT I was shaving every 4 days or less now it daily, chest, legs wrists, friggin ears, im like a damn Chia pet so yes I think its common. or atleast in those who were extremely low on T prior as I was a fucking 40. So n ot sure why it wouldnt happen if one was to go on a cycle.

Phill[/quote]

that’s some funny shit…Chia pet. my wife has noticed lately and I just tell her that my winter coat is coming in.

meat

The amount of hair growth you get depends on the bodies response to andregens too, right? I mean, if an asian took 1g VitaminT a week, theyd prob look just as bare as before it, true?

(question, not being an arse!)

AKA…

Nope…supplementT will make anybody increase the facial and body hair.

J

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
I just tell her that my winter coat is coming in.

meat
[/quote]

Damn good point bro Im going to have to steal that one.

Anabolic/androgenic steroids do increase secondary male sex characteristics such as body hair, that’s why women who take high androgens end up with a 5 o’clock shadow.

I’ve personally noticed I have to shave much more frequently when I’m on a cycle. Androgens such as Masteron, Proviron and Halotestin caused this effect in a dramatic fashion.

So let’s say you sprout a ton of new hairs while on cycle, going from someone that didn’t have anything like beard before, to someone who has to shave all over face now, for example. When you go off cycle to the hairs go away again or do you have more hairs for life?

well i’m fucked. i already look like a sasquatch, whats gonna happen now? i’m probably gonna turn into a giant hairball.

I’m sure some will agree with me when I say I’m just glad I can grow a fucking beard finally as now I can have some damn hair on my head…granted it’s not the top.

Pretty soon I will be able to be a stunt double for the waxing scene in 40 year old virgin or teen wolf- the next generation.

meat

hey, wierd thread!

What would be the strongest T product to give this effect?

I mean if you wanted to avoid it.

Proviron?

I guess its the androgenic stuff, not the anabolic stuff that does it huh?

dont the anabolic stuff convert to estrogen & would estrogen kinda stop hairs from growing?

I know proviron blocks estrogen or something.

haha.

[quote]t-guy wrote:
hey, wierd thread!

What would be the strongest T product to give this effect?

I mean if you wanted to avoid it.

Proviron?

I guess its the androgenic stuff, not the anabolic stuff that does it huh?

dont the anabolic stuff convert to estrogen & would estrogen kinda stop hairs from growing?

I know proviron blocks estrogen or something.

haha.
[/quote]

that was lame