Haha Hot Flashes?

Ok, so as soon as I started cutting out all my bread intake which was mostly whole grains and replaced them with veggies and fruits I’ve noticed that about one to two hours after my meals sometimes I’ll get a rise in body temp that lasts for about half an hour.

It comes on like a wave and I turn on the ac to like 65 and battle the heat for a little bit. Then I go sit down for awhile, eat my next meal go back out to where I was before and I’m freezing. Any ideas what’s causing that?

maybe its not what u cut but what u added… I get this with pineapple. I have a slight allergy to it. I loved milk as a kid and hated it as an adult. Sure enough, found out i was lactose intolerant.

People subconciously weed out foods that they cant handle without knowing it. See if you can figure out exactly whats giving u the hot flashes. It’s probably a low level inflammation response.

Sounds weird. Ask your doctor.

And by doctor I mean your OBGYN. :wink:

Haha yeah I was telling people at work that I must be going through some kind of female hormonal change…but i’m like Fuck it’s hot in here! And everyones looking at me like what the hell are you talking about?!

well if thats true then i must be allergic to everything. i always get hot flashes. specially at college

I heard vitamin b3(niacin) can cause hot flashes. Maybe your getting too much of that vitamin.

I get hot flashes too… I always feel like I’m burning up but I live in Arizona and we are already in triple digit heat.

Rise in body temperature is also associated with digestion of food, you may just be noticing it more now that before.

This is one of the reasons food has a thermic effect, and so does eating - you use calories to digest food so the higher the frequency of meals, the more energy you’ll be using to digest food. This may lead to a sped up metabolism and increased body temperatures at certain times.

hm thats true, i remember in the winter that when i woke up and ate a big breakfast it warmed me up. but i doubt it warms you up to make it a really hot flash

[quote]beeph wrote:
maybe its not what u cut but what u added… I get this with pineapple. I have a slight allergy to it. I loved milk as a kid and hated it as an adult. Sure enough, found out i was lactose intolerant.

People subconciously weed out foods that they cant handle without knowing it. See if you can figure out exactly whats giving u the hot flashes. It’s probably a low level inflammation response.

[/quote]

I like milk but im lactose intolerant so I rarely drink it anymore >< chocolate milk :cry: lol