T Nation

Had To Share...Worst Advice Ever!

Two guys at work are talking about lifting. To set the mood, guy one is 370 lbs and his 5XL work shirt does not button. Guy too is not too bad, but getting there.

They tell me that squats will kill you haha. Next day the smaller guy tells me he had to go to the ER after accidentially squatting 500lbs, he thought it was 300 lbs. WOW

Than he tells me that you can get the same effects of sterioids by eating one meal a day.

Worst advice I’ve ever heard.

How do you accidently squat 500lbs? I mean…even if you can’t count, wouldn’t you just re-rack it after you think to yourself:“Holy pig fucking christ this is heavy!”?

You need to see some of these guys to beavlive it.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
How do you accidently squat 500lbs? I mean…even if you can’t count, wouldn’t you just re-rack it after you think to yourself:“Holy pig fucking christ this is heavy!”? [/quote]

probably just got crushed under the weight before he even attempted to do anything

The 370lbs guy should probably be more afraid of stairs killing him than squats.

Putting a knot in his shoelaces could probably be considered an attempt on his life…

I tried to tell the guy who is 370 about Berardi’s 10 habits but he wouldnt listen. I didnt even bother with the guy who told me to eat one meal a day to get “jacked”.

I dont know much but am atleast trying to improve myself. Working with these guys is
Motivational. I keep thinking I CANT end up like this guy.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
I tried to tell the guy who is 370 about Berardi’s 10 habits but he wouldnt listen. I didnt even bother with the guy who told me to eat one meal a day to get “jacked”.

I dont know much but am atleast trying to improve myself. Working with these guys is
Motivational. I keep thinking I CANT end up like this guy.
[/quote]

WTF.

Train with people you aspire to be like, not people you aspire NOT to be like.

Mister T.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
I tried to tell the guy who is 370 about Berardi’s 10 habits but he wouldnt listen. I didnt even bother with the guy who told me to eat one meal a day to get “jacked”.

[/quote]

There was a program on TLC awhile back about this man who was bed bound, he weighed like 600+ pounds.

He only ate twice a day but his total caloric intake was upwards to 14,000 calories. Maybe this is where he is getting this idea from.

Squats will kill you, if you fail to realize that what you are about to squat is 200 lbs heavier than what you think it is. I dont know how no one else saw that.

Get some PICS!!!

:slight_smile:

[quote]fightingtiger wrote:
Squats will kill you, if you fail to realize that what you are about to squat is 200 lbs heavier than what you think it is. I dont know how no one else saw that.[/quote]

Natural selection.