T Nation

Had the Worst Time Trying to Pin Today

So I get everything out that I need so I can pin my glute. The first thing to go wrong was I crushed the stupid ampule when I was trying to open it. I mean completely crushed. It practically exploded inbetween my fingers. I usually have a hard time trying not to destroy them when I crack them open and I take my time, but I figured since this would be the 3rd time I’ve pinned myself, I’d be an old pro… I guess I rushed it a little.

I had tiny pieces of glass right in the tip of my finger. Strike One. Now, it usually takes me a good 10-15 minutes to build up the nerve to pin myself. I don’t know why. It doesn’t hurt, I guess it’s just the awkwardness of being twisted around, the fear of doing something wrong and trying to do everything one handed.

Next, I was using a different syringe than the ones I’ve used before. After I jabbed myself I could not aspirate the damn thing with one hand and I couldn’t reach my other hand around far enough to assist. I should have probably just skipped aspiration, but instead I pulled out. Strike two. I played with the plunger a little bit sort of getting it greased so I knew it slide a bit easier and I got psyched up to pin myself again.

I jabbed and it hurt, a sharp pain I haven’t felt before. That was the first time it actually hurt. I tried to push farther and it hurt more, so I pulled out. I should have recognized that as strike three, but I didn’t… at least not at that time. I cleaned the other cheek and got ready to jab myself with my left hand, which makes it almost 210% more difficult for me.

I tried to psych myself up and it just wasn’t happening. I was standing there, naked, for at least 1 hour. Mostly I was twisting myself up then untwisting and breathing a lot. I recapped the damn thing and left it “pre-loaded” for tomorrow. I finally accepted my third strike, I was out!

I hate pinning myself! Hopefully it goes better tomorrow. For those that had a hard time the first couple of times, Does it ever get easier?

[quote]JayD025 wrote:
For those that had a hard time the first couple of times, Does it ever get easier?[/quote]

Yes. My first few pins sucked hard.

I just used a bottle of prop to finish off my last cycle, and had absolutely no problems pinning every day.

I think it was J-J who called them ‘piddly little IM injections’ or something of the like. They really are a joke how easy they are once you get used to doing them.

Also, if you’re not a fan of needles, make sure you eat something before you inject.

Honestly, it sounds like you are psyching yourself out to the degree that you are causing your own problems. I have pinned hundreds upon hundreds of times, and I can honestly say that I’ve never experienced anything the likes of which you describe here, and I think it just has to do with the fact that I approach the situation with a different attitude than you are.

I just know I have to do what has to be done, and no matter what happens, I’m going to do it. Sometimes I draw blood, or hit a painful spot (this can usually be pushed through), and every once in a while blood literally spurts out in a stream upon removal of the needle. In all this time, I have never, ever, not once, missed a scheduled injection because of injection issues.

It’s like dieting. If you sit around telling yourself how terrible it all is and how much delicious food and calories you are going to have to give up, you’ll never even get started. If you approach it with a goal oriented, unflinching attitude, however, you’re going to get as lean as you want to get.

One thing that helped me get psyched for it was always playing some music that gets you pumped- fairly loud. It definitely helps get that “NO” mentality out of your head, it’s somewhat distracting (in a good way), and makes you feel Alpha.
Then you just have to tell yourself to Man-up because this is part of what it takes to be hyooge.

Always think Alpha thoughts, always.

[quote]Toby Queef wrote:
One thing that helped me get psyched for it was always playing some music that gets you pumped- fairly loud. It definitely helps get that “NO” mentality out of your head, it’s somewhat distracting (in a good way), and makes you feel Alpha.
Then you just have to tell yourself to Man-up because this is part of what it takes to be hyooge.

Always think Alpha thoughts, always.[/quote]

I like that! Deffo using that technique when the time arrives!

To all the prospective noobs reading this thread in a cold sweat just thinking about the scary needles. Discover the ventrogluteal site. You can use both hands. It’s painless. It has the highest volume capacity. It does not affect your workout. And there are no nerves there. It’s the best friend of someone who needs 16-20 twice weekly injections for their first cycle.

Leave the twisting, one handed manuvering needed for dorsal glute injections to the ‘professionals’.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
To all the prospective noobs reading this thread in a cold sweat just thinking about the scary needles. Discover the ventrogluteal site. You can use both hands. It’s painless. It has the highest volume capacity. It does not affect your workout. And there are no nerves there. It’s the best friend of someone who needs 16-20 twice weekly injections for their first cycle.

Leave the twisting, one handed manuvering needed for dorsal glute injections to the ‘professionals’. [/quote]

Fully agree with this. It was a little awkward actually getting to know where the site was, but once you nail it, there’s no turning back.

Me three. VG was my very first injection and, after hovering my hand about the site for close to a minute, I just went for it and then I could hardly understand what I had gotten so worked up about. I didn’t even feel a pinch.

Cortes, I was absolutely psyching myself out. I don’t know why. It’s really not that bad. I pinned today with no problems. I went into it with a different attitude. It had to be done no matter what. I use that mindset when fighting or running all the time, I guess I didn’t think to apply it to this situation. The music in the background helped out too.

I googled ventrogluteal the other day and the information I saw was administering to someone else. I would have kept researching but my internet connection was sooooo slooooowww, when it actually worked. I’ll research it and try that next time. Thanks guys.

I found it easiest to not think about it I just swab everything off turn on some music fill the syringe this is where u are going to start having a problem but this is I go straight from filling bam to the skin I don’t think twice about it. I got 5 pins down and no problems so far just pain the day after but that’s a different subject.I don’t once think about what’s going on.

I am actually one of those weirdos that enjoys pinning ED. I like the ritual, the routine, and the act itself is very positively reinforcing. I’ve pinned every day for over 6 months now, often multiple times a day (albeit only one time with a “big” needle, for all the other shots I use slin pins), and on certain “lucky” days, I get to run the gamut from IM, to IV to subq (AAS, HGH, HCG/GHRP-6/etc). I can definitively say that pinning is ALL mental.