Had First Meet Today

I had my first meet today, I did terrible.

Nowhere to warm up on squats, asshats where goofing around in the warmup racks.

squats:
205 buried, no wraps on, went to low to quickly
215: apparently picked heel off hte ground a bit
215: perfect except at the top I repostitioned my feet to make racking the bar easier
I could of probably made a 250+ squat but I was really nervous

Bench:
175: stalled for a second, he told guys to rack it without giving me a real chance
175: heels off of ground(old bad habit) was easy
175: uneven lockout was easy though

Deadlift:
275:easy
315 didn’t roll shoulders back
330 just as easy as 275

I dropped 15 pounds this month to make 153, but coach wanted me to lift at 165 so there would be someone in the weightclass. lost a good amount off my total from that too.

I’m kind of mad with the nit picky thing like having to leave your whole foot on ground during the bench, not being able to fix your feet when your done squatting. But I won’t bitch, it should become second nature after practicing it after a few weeks.

anywho, don’t make to much fun of me for my 330 total.

Don’t sweat it, congrats on your first meet.

This was a meet at your school right?

Was it equipped?

Congrats!
As you’ve found first comp is a learning experience.
You will appreciate strict reffing in time.
Keep it up!

[quote]Uber N3wb wrote:
This was a meet at your school right?

Was it equipped?[/quote]

Not at my school. Only equipment that could be used was:single layer squat suit, knee wraps, wrist wraps, and a 4" belt. It was the Kukauna invite. It was my schools first meet as a team.

thanks dax and publickstews!

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
Only equipment that could be used was:single layer squat suit, knee wraps, wrist wraps, and a 4" belt.[/quote]

Only? Haha jk. Congrats on your first meet- did you get an adrenaline rush on your attempts?

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
Only equipment that could be used was:single layer squat suit, knee wraps, wrist wraps, and a 4" belt.

Only? Haha jk. Congrats on your first meet- did you get an adrenaline rush on your attempts?[/quote]

not really, I was falling appart during my first squat attempt and buried, I’m still having problems of being able to tell where parallel is with a suit on, I went atg really fast and my knees buckled lol.

330 pounds. I should do well in Neenah which is in a month, I will be lifting at 153. hopefully pulling 350-375, 250 squat, 175+ benchpress.

Hey, the first one is always the hardest. Especially when you are a teenager. Mine was in 1987 at 16. I have been there. Good luck on your next one.
BiggJames

The first meet is always the hardest. You don’t know what to expect.

I’ve seen a lot of guys go to their first meet and not total at all.

EDIT: I almost forgot! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Congrats on your first meet!

Hopefully the first of many more to come…nice going!

Thanks everyone, I almost didn’t total haha. I buried a light 205 squat because I was nervous haha. Oh well I get to lift at 153 at my next meet, because the other guy is cutting down to 142. I can maybe be competitive in Neenah on Feb 9th.

sounds like you learned something from it then. good job. and good luck at the next meet

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
I had my first meet today, I did terrible.

Nowhere to warm up on squats, asshats where goofing around in the warmup racks.

squats:
205 buried, no wraps on, went to low to quickly
215: apparently picked heel off hte ground a bit
215: perfect except at the top I repostitioned my feet to make racking the bar easier
I could of probably made a 250+ squat but I was really nervous

Bench:
175: stalled for a second, he told guys to rack it without giving me a real chance
175: heels off of ground(old bad habit) was easy
175: uneven lockout was easy though

Deadlift:
275:easy
315 didn’t roll shoulders back
330 just as easy as 275

I dropped 15 pounds this month to make 153, but coach wanted me to lift at 165 so there would be someone in the weightclass. lost a good amount off my total from that too.

I’m kind of mad with the nit picky thing like having to leave your whole foot on ground during the bench, not being able to fix your feet when your done squatting. But I won’t bitch, it should become second nature after practicing it after a few weeks.

anywho, don’t make to much fun of me for my 330 total.[/quote]

Congratulations!!

[b]TRAIN HARD

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL [/b]

Hey man congrats on your first meet!!

The nerves are always the worst part and it sounds like you got those out of the way! Now since you know what to expect you’ll be able to kill’em at the next meet.

Btw I really wish my school had a powerlifting team back when I was in HS!

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
Hey man congrats on your first meet!!

The nerves are always the worst part and it sounds like you got those out of the way! Now since you know what to expect you’ll be able to kill’em at the next meet.

Btw I really wish my school had a powerlifting team back when I was in HS![/quote]

first, thanks everyone for the encouraging words. Yeah, I was really excited when one of the football coaches told me he wanted to start one.