T Nation

Had a Two Hour Massage!!!!

i have a close female friend who is a massage therapist and i finally took her up on her offer. I finished my shoulder workout, showered, ate and what have you, then off to be rubbed.

my legs were sore from training them the day previous, my low back and hamstrings in particular were tight as well.

Skip the chase, two hours later, all i can say is that shit was the best!!! parts were down right painful, quads, hams, calves and feet, but overall i’m hooked.

it is nice to have an attractive person you know (trust) rubbing you down, and outside of physical rehab for an injury i doubt i’d let a dude ever rub me down. it was also nice considering it was free!!!

no happy ending either, i’m in a good relationship.

as long as i can get these for free, i think once every week or two going forward, heck they’re worth cash too if you have to pay.

feedback on massage aiding recovery, e.g. diminishing build up of lactic acid w/in the muscle.

Massaging helps me, especially when my girl steps on my back.

She’s only 110lbs though.

i get this is a pretty lame thing to post in the bodybuilding section, but it does seem like a great side bar to the lifting.

i’m bored any news on the Arnold???

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:
i get this is a pretty lame thing to post in the bodybuilding section, but it does seem like a great side bar to the lifting.

i’m bored any news on the Arnold???[/quote]

Almost there man, and good post, I need a freakin’ recovery aid.

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:

i’m bored any news on the Arnold???[/quote]

Well I certainly wasn’t joking.

massages are under-rated, especially if you have someone that knows what they’re doing.

If I could afford it I’d love to get it done weekly. But, I only get one done every few months when my neck is acting up (ton of scar tissue in the upper right trap for me).

and you’re right, it can be painful, but in th end helps

I’ve always wanted to have this done when experiencing that super tight soreness.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

One of the most painful experiences of my life was getting a massage from this tiny eastern european therapist who I thought might not actually be strong enough to do deep tissue work on my neck and shoulders.

how wrong I was…

I like a local massage (on an injured area) from my chiropractor. She has good hands. Otherwise, I don’t like full-body massages.

One while in college, a friend’s gf gave me a massage that made me almost throw up. I was told the nausea was due to toxins releasing from my muscles.

I give my wife 1-hour massages on occasion. Usually leads to great sex. :wink:

I second how good a hard massage from a professional feels. Especially at the end after the say “tu’hrn ova”

that toxin releasing is fiction. Drinking water is just plain good advice anytime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAFfu_A2Yv8

I wouldn’t mind getting the worlds greatest head massage right about now.

See how he pulls in the energy from the air? Shiiiit niggaz show me a betta massage therapist, no one ain’t got nuttin’ on master mr. babalooo from india.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I 'bout had to be pushed out in a wheelchair I was so relaxed.[/quote]

I’ve only had two professional massages in my life before (one was in Thailand haha), this is what relaxes me the most:

Each time I go to the chiro, she puts light electric stim on my back and then puts a huge ass moist heat that covers my entire back, and I usually fall asleep face down on the table.

It’s excellent.