Had a Run in with Customs

Well a little while ago my house was raided by the customs, after an alleged order was intercepted.
Just been served my court papers.
Wondering if anyone here has dealt with them, and what happened.

details, you gotta tell the story better

Well they came to my house, didn’t find any incriminating evidence. Only a few empty saches from a-s. Took my computer, phone in for testing and whatnot. Was told by a friend who is a lawyer that if I was asked for a recorded interview for it to be a no comment interview.
The customs investigator asked me if I wanted to tell my side of the story upon returning the computer and other belongings, I told him either way, whether I come in out of my own free will or he requests an interview its going to be a no comment interview.
He said fine and told me he will write up the brief and send it to me when done.

16 weeks later I get served with court papers.

I’m sorry to hear this happened to you, it really sucks that law enfocement wastes their time with such shit. I am a second year law student in the states but know nothing of Australian law. I can just wish u luck. I would have to think that if u don’t have record u should be fine.

What country are you in?

Damn how much are they alledging you ordered!!

S hit man i have a pal who has been ordering benzo’s and roids for yeers.

He has gotten letters from border control one from homeland security he doesn’t contact the sender of the letter and that it it!!!

KNow more no less but he also keeps his orders small shit for all of that i can’t see them thinking it was just personal use but a lot more!!

Any way good luck brother’,
The Judge

[quote]ZZZ747 wrote:
Well a little while ago my house was raided by the customs, after an alleged order was intercepted.
Just been served my court papers.
Wondering if anyone here has dealt with them, and what happened.[/quote]

Sorry to hear of this man, good luck.

TO EVERYONE ELSE… HE LIVES IN AUSTRALIA…

I’m being charged on two counts of importation. 2 letters a couple of days apart.

Wow. I feel sorry for you guys in Australia. How can they charge you for something that you don’t possess?!?!?! Sounds like you guys have some rather serious civil rights issues there.

I would like to hope for your sake that a good lawyer will get you off on the charges. If they didnt set up a controlled delivery then hopefully then cant link you directly to the product that you supposedly tried to import.

If things are as they sound in Oz, I could be a really malicious person and send a bunch of small orders of illegal stuff to the same address in the hope that the person would get arrested. I just don’t see how any of this can hold up. I’m sorry for what’s happening to you. I really am.

Worst thing is being a poor student I can’t afford what my friend, a lawyer told me it would cost. Even to stand up in court and plead guilty I’m looking somewhere in the vascinity of $2500. He said if it gets blown out of proportion and taken to a hearing it could cost anywhere from $5000 onwards.

Going to see Legal Aid to see whether they can give me a grant to pay for my own lawyer. If that fails, look for a few pro bono lawyers that might want to take my case.

It’s just ridiculous that they want to waste their time and the tax payers money. Thought they would have their hands full with the bust they just done worth $31mil of heroin, coke and ice.

Cortes, if I can somehow get my hands on the address of Sean Quinn, the cunt that is taking me to court I will have to take you up on that offer :slight_smile:

I know i answered u earlier but I just feel so fuckin bad for u. With all these drug dealer running around ruining peoples lives u would think they have better things to do. I don’t know Australia but here I would stear clear of leagal aid with a serious charge. They are bad enough when they try to handle petty shit. Since it seems they are pushing a serious charge i would do what i had to do to retain a good, private lawyer, this is ur fucking life on the line.

If u do have a clean record u need your lawyer to make sure it stays that way and believe me w/ a public pretender u will end up with something on your permanant record. I know its difficult but borrow the $ if you have to, or get a stupid little job and make him payments, it will be worth it, trust me. Get a private lawyer at all costs.

Just spoke to Legal Aid. The earliest I could make an appointment was the 7th of August. 6 days before my court date.

[quote]ZZZ747 wrote:
Worst thing is being a poor student I can’t afford what my friend, a lawyer told me it would cost. Even to stand up in court and plead guilty I’m looking somewhere in the vascinity of $2500. He said if it gets blown out of proportion and taken to a hearing it could cost anywhere from $5000 onwards.

Going to see Legal Aid to see whether they can give me a grant to pay for my own lawyer. If that fails, look for a few pro bono lawyers that might want to take my case.

It’s just ridiculous that they want to waste their time and the tax payers money. Thought they would have their hands full with the bust they just done worth $31mil of heroin, coke and ice.

Cortes, if I can somehow get my hands on the address of Sean Quinn, the cunt that is taking me to court I will have to take you up on that offer :)[/quote]

If you have his name, there are ways to get his address. Alot cost though sadly…

[quote]ZZZ747 wrote:
Just spoke to Legal Aid. The earliest I could make an appointment was the 7th of August. 6 days before my court date.[/quote]
Thats what I mean u have to get the $ somehow. U can’t play with this. These legal aid lawyers have so many fucking cases that there is no way they can give u full attention even if they want to. I worked in a legal aid office for the summer after my first year in law school and believe me It seemed like I was a better lawyer then 80% of the real lawyers there. They are a buch of idiots who couldn’t get jobs anywhere else. Barring a few who just want to help the poor and don’t mind being broke themselves.

in no means am i trying to hijack this and i have no idea what or how much had ordered or had, but does this kind of thing happen in the US? i hear all the time abou customs pulling orders and then sending a letter. The only real time i have heard about someone getting a knock on the door is when someone rats them out locally. for example if some bitch called #911 and was like "so and so is selling aas at. This is just out of curiosity and i have a feeling from what i read that Australia is pretty bad (worse then US?) as far as aas laws. thanks

[quote]Dave1188 wrote:
in no means am i trying to hijack this and i have no idea what or how much had ordered or had, but does this kind of thing happen in the US? i hear all the time abou customs pulling orders and then sending a letter. The only real time i have heard about someone getting a knock on the door is when someone rats them out locally. for example if some bitch called #911 and was like "so and so is selling aas at. This is just out of curiosity and i have a feeling from what i read that Australia is pretty bad (worse then US?) as far as aas laws. thanks[/quote]
ur right, the only time i have heard something like this in the US was when it involves a really big dealer who the feds have been watching for a while. I have never heard of anyones house being raided for personal amounts.

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
Best of luck with it ZZZ.[/quote]

Thanks to everyones well wishes