Hack Squats & Military Presses

I have a couple questions that are pretty simple but as a relative beginner I could use some help.

1. I know most people on this site herald front/hack squats for quad development but are they superior to the leg press in a significant way (I back squat but have trouble with my form for fronts).

2. When doing military press (both with DBs and Barbell) is there a difference between standing and sitting?

thanks in advance

1. If you really feel that you are having a herd time with front squats you could do deadlifts to get much of the same benefit.

2. Standing employs more muscles of your core into the military press. I personally much prefer standing for almost any lift that can be done standing or sitting. If you do stand for the military press just make sure that you don’t lean back too far and hurt your back.

For some military press when standing becomes a leg and lower back exercise as they do this little ‘flutter’ to get the weight up, depending on how its performed this might be beneficial. You might want to master the movement with lighter weights whilst sitting.

[quote]Dr. Stig wrote:
For some military press when standing becomes a leg and lower back exercise as they do this little ‘flutter’ to get the weight up, depending on how its performed this might be beneficial.[/quote]

And this is building even more muscle.