T Nation

Habits Here

I love this site, I’ll be honest. Some of the things that annoy me keep me coming back. Here is something I was curious about. I don’t really understand some people’s need to respond to an article with a “great article” and that’s it.

Now I can understand using that as an opener with the purpose actually to bring up a point they wish to discuss, to disagree with, to ask a question or to ask for clarification, but just to say “great article”?? Isn’t that a thing for a PM?

Have to go now. Don’t want to break my own “no scroll” rule, that being, if I have to scroll, chances are, I’m not reading it. Applies to forum.

Great thread.

Good post.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
I love this site, I’ll be honest. Some of the things that annoy me keep me coming back. Here is something I was curious about. I don’t really understand some people’s need to respond to an article with a “great article” and that’s it.

Now I can understand using that as an opener with the purpose actually to bring up a point they wish to discuss, to disagree with, to ask a question or to ask for clarification, but just to say “great article”?? Isn’t that a thing for a PM?

Have to go now. Don’t want to break my own “no scroll” rule, that being, if I have to scroll, chances are, I’m not reading it. Applies to forum.[/quote]

I think that applies to “fan boys”. I can’t think of any other reason to write nothing but congratulatory posts after every single article. At some point it just becomes redundant…like parents who still tell their kid, “Great job!!!” for drawing stick figures on the wall in crayon even though they are now in high school.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
I don’t really understand some people’s need to respond to an article with a “great article” and that’s it.
[/quote]

Bump!

Great paragraphs.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:

Have to go now. Don’t want to break my own “no scroll” rule, that being, if I have to scroll, chances are, I’m not reading it. Applies to forum.[/quote]

Great use of language and typing skills. Kudos!

This thread is exactly what I’ve been looking for!

I’d hit it.

[quote]

I think that applies to “fan boys”. I can’t think of any other reason to write nothing but congratulatory posts after every single article. At some point it just becomes redundant…like parents who still tell their kid, “Great job!!!” for drawing stick figures on the wall in crayon even though they are now in high school.[/quote]

Ahahaha. I know prof. Its like, what are they thinking haahaha. I eat lots of food too btw.

I’m already smarter than I was 2 minutes ago. Well done!

References?

Great post, Prof X. Congrats.

Nice work! But where are the wheels???

These are the best responses to any thread I’ve ever read. I’m being serious, by the way.

Just what I was looking for. Where’s the shoe?

first!

[quote]malonetd wrote:
I’d hit it.[/quote]

LOL!!

[quote]malonetd wrote:
I’d hit it.[/quote]

LOL!!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.