Habitable Planet Found!

[quote]Im_New_Feed_Me wrote:
YES! Let’s go FUCK IT UP!

Unintentionally of course… . over thousands of years… but let’s go FUCK IT UP![/quote]

I think we could probably do it lots faster now that we’ve had some practice.

[quote]A Ninny Mouse wrote:

[quote]Raging_Teddy wrote:
Gliese 581g is the planet. It’s about three times the mass of the Earth. Unfortunately, we would only be able to lift 1/3 of the weight we can do on Earth on Gliese 581g… On a more interesting note, any life on that planet would be much smaller than organisms here.[/quote]

Whoa, whoa, slow down bro… what’s the relative radius? Ya gotta consider that, cuz you know, gravity is like, you know, related to distance by the inverse square and stuff.

Sorry, engineer(ing student) rage right there lol. [/quote]

Haha, beat me to the rage… Physics student…

Hmmm…more gravity, red sun…we fucking found Krypton.

We’re fucked.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Hmmm…more gravity, red sun…we fucking found Krypton.

We’re fucked.[/quote]

Do not fuck with the Kryptonians!

[quote]enrac wrote:
We should buy land there, while prices are still low…[/quote]

Who do you pay for land on a newly discovered planet?

All we need is a Vatican decree to go acquire some land.

[quote]VikingsAD28 wrote:

[quote]enrac wrote:

Who do you pay for land on a newly discovered planet?[/quote]

The Pope?

Gliese 581g is the planet. It’s about three times the mass of the Earth. Unfortunately, we would only be able to lift 1/3 of the weight we can do on Earth on Gliese 581g… On a more interesting note, any life on that planet would be much smaller than organisms here.[/quote]

And go down on my lifts?? No man, I’ll just wait untill they find another one with better gravity…

[quote]Daniel-San wrote:

And go down on my lifts?? No man, I’ll just wait untill they find another one with better gravity…[/quote]

Train your ass of over there, come back here for a while and you’ll be able to lift a freakin’ ton!

Like they used to do in DragonBall?
Yeah, I too am a nerd…

[quote]barbarianlifter wrote:
All we need is a Vatican decree to go acquire some land. [/quote]

nahhh…all we need is a flag!!

As long as it isn’t inhabited by a bunch of blue tree-talking hippies…

[quote]Carnage wrote:
As long as it isn’t inhabited by a bunch of blue tree-talking hippies… [/quote]

Just saw a news flash come across CNN, Starbucks already has 3 stores slated for construction by the end of the year.

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
How have they come to all these conclusions about this planet while actually knowing very little about it?[/quote]

The conclusions are fairly straightforward once the planet’s mass and proximity to parent star are determined

We’ll eventually be able to determine the atmospheric composition of these exoplanets, and maybe even in our lifetime. Its that whole interstellar travel thing that aint happening in our lifetime… [/quote]

We can do interstellar travel in our lifetime easily. We jsut have to get to mars and find the prothean ruins there. Of course that’s assuming we could survive the first contact war.

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:

[quote]Daniel-San wrote:

And go down on my lifts?? No man, I’ll just wait untill they find another one with better gravity…[/quote]

Train your ass of over there, come back here for a while and you’ll be able to lift a freakin’ ton!
[/quote]

Imagine people being born and raised there with the genetics of the strongest men on Earth. You’d have an entire population of elite level strength and speed.

[quote]enrac wrote:

Me, I do finance though. Would you like 60 or 72 months?

[quote]enrac wrote:

Bill Gates?

I dont understand why people are interested in planets with other life and more crazy is people who want to meet aliens… If aliens came to earth we would be screwed. They would fuck our shit all up. I mean looks whats already happened to Americas economy with all the illegal aliens we already have! (ZING!)

Ok another planet would be cool if it had some super hot alien babes who were just super crazy sex fiends who wanted to pleasure Earthlings non stop… or if they had some bad ass animals like dinosaurs or something… but fuck aliens coming to earth

[quote]gregron wrote:
I dont understand why people are interested in planets with other life and more crazy is people who want to meet aliens… If aliens came to earth we would be screwed. They would fuck our shit all up. I mean looks whats already happened to Americas economy with all the illegal aliens we already have! (ZING!)

Ok another planet would be cool if it had some super hot alien babes who were just super crazy sex fiends who wanted to pleasure Earthlings non stop… or if they had some bad ass animals like dinosaurs or something… but fuck aliens coming to earth[/quote]

Ignorance is bliss.

It won’t happen in your life time…but eventually, China will burst at the seams as far as population growth and America will be much like China is now. We will eventually fuck this planet up. The average person can’t even control themselves when it comes to throwing trash out a window. We just fucked up tons of aquatic life in the Gulf of Mexico…and none of that is the worst that can happen.

I know I’ve said it before, but I really think the movie Wall-E is a great representation of what is ahead for us…so yeah, finding that alternate planet may not save YOUR life or even affect the lives of your kids or theirs…but it likely will affect the kids those kids have.

Waiting until it is too late to even look around is fucking stupid.

The human race isn’t about one specific individual. In the grand scheme of things, our lives are nearly insignificant…therefore, the human race and its survival as whole matters most.

Think about it…if an asteroid the size of Texas hit Earth next week…the universe wouldn’t even know we existed or give a shit.

That is how much we matter right now.

[quote]gregron wrote:

Ok another planet would be cool if it had some super hot alien babes who were just super crazy sex fiends who wanted to pleasure Earthlings non stop… or if they had some bad ass animals like dinosaurs or something… but fuck aliens coming to earth[/quote]

I do believe it’s time for someone to step away from both the tv and computer for a little while.

You can spend the time working on your 17.00001 inch biceps:)