H1N1 Question for Thibs

Thibs and anyone else who may want to chime in. First off Thibs, I know this probably isn’t the best place for this question which is why I started a new thread. But, you are very educated you have stated before that your brother is a doctor and we all know you obviously know alot about the human body and how it may react to certain supplements and cetain prescription drugs. In your opinion, or even you brother for that matter (him being a doctor), would you recommend getting the H1N1 flu vaccination? I really want to knwo for my kids sake. You have previously mentioned wanting to start a family kids, would you get your kids vaccinated ?

Thanks! And once again, sorry for this having absolutely nothing about training or nutrition. I guess I just really value your opinion.

read over the “D is for Doping” article under nutrition :wink:

Thibs, I have a question regarding wormhole physics, your a pretty awesome dude and i’m guessing you’ve probably traveled to a number of different planets, could you recommend a particular space suit and is there any worlds/ aliens i should be particularly concerned about?

Seriously guys.

CT a very good trainer. He’s not a doctor, astrophysicist or god.

please tell me some of you guys have someone else you can turn to for some of this stuff.

[quote]stevo_ wrote:

[/quote]

Are you sure? I’ve been in a hot debate at work in favor that he is God… you just gotta have faith

Hi coach, i have a question regarding deep sea exploration, I know ur an awesome coach and a knowledgable dude and stuff, and i heard u evolved from water habited microorganisms, so do u have some suggestions about what fish should i look out for, and how much protein per 100 grams does a viper fish have ? Also if u can recommend the best spots in atlantic ocean to find them, thanks in advance!

Coach Thibs,
Can you tell me where my protein scoop is?

(Though I can see why Italiano asked the original question).

Easy guys, I stated twice in the post that this question doesn’t apply to training/nutrition at all and is irrelevent. But Thibs’ bro IS a doctor so I was wondering his take on the whole thing. And yes, I did read the D is for doping, will definitely be giving my kids some vit d! Just not sure about the shot yet.

[quote]stevo_ wrote:
Thibs, I have a question regarding wormhole physics, your a pretty awesome dude and i’m guessing you’ve probably traveled to a number of different planets, could you recommend a particular space suit and is there any worlds/ aliens i should be particularly concerned about?

Seriously guys.

please tell me some of you guys have someone else you can turn to for some of this stuff.

[/quote]

Bingo!

[quote]BattlewithIron wrote:
Coach Thibs,
Can you tell me where my protein scoop is?

(Though I can see why Italiano asked the original question). [/quote]

Behind the couch, next to the “Deep manhole repair” DVD you rented 2 weeks ago.

I’ll retort the question and ask, for your kids sake should you avoid the vaccine!

[quote]Mike1111 wrote:
Hi coach, i have a question regarding deep sea exploration, I know ur an awesome coach and a knowledgable dude and stuff, and i heard u evolved from water habited microorganisms, so do u have some suggestions about what fish should i look out for, and how much protein per 100 grams does a viper fish have ? Also if u can recommend the best spots in atlantic ocean to find them, thanks in advance![/quote]

The viperfish ingests a ton of crustacean and shelfish so it is a very good source of omega-3 by the pound. However each fish provides very little eatable flesh due to its short size (around 11-15") and its heavy skeletal structure. Furthermore, the fact that it is generally found at depths of more than 9000 feet makes it very hard to catch in sufficient amounts for a market to develop. Although they will come up to shallower depths when looking for food, still it is a very deadly predator which could easily result in the death of the deep divers hired to catch them, obviously jacking up the cost per pound.

Hope this helps.

[quote]evo2008 wrote:
I’ll retort the question and ask, for your kids sake should you avoid the vaccine![/quote]

I’d tend to agree with this. Especially since the swine flu seems to actually be less deadly than the regular flu.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
evo2008 wrote:
I’ll retort the question and ask, for your kids sake should you avoid the vaccine!

I’d tend to agree with this. Especially since the swine flu seems to actually be less deadly than the regular flu.[/quote]

I don’t really get the freakin’ problem, the winter flu kills about 500,000 persons every year.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Mike1111 wrote:
Hi coach, i have a question regarding deep sea exploration, I know ur an awesome coach and a knowledgable dude and stuff, and i heard u evolved from water habited microorganisms, so do u have some suggestions about what fish should i look out for, and how much protein per 100 grams does a viper fish have ? Also if u can recommend the best spots in atlantic ocean to find them, thanks in advance!

The viperfish ingests a ton of crustacean and shelfish so it is a very good source of omega-3 by the pound. However each fish provides very little eatable flesh due to its short size (around 11-15") and its heavy skeletal structure. Furthermore, the fact that it is generally found at depths of more than 9000 feet makes it very hard to catch in sufficient amounts for a market to develop. Although they will come up to shallower depths when looking for food, still it is a very deadly predator which could easily result in the death of the deep divers hired to catch them, obviously jacking up the cost per pound.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

you fuckin’ kill me lol

Haha, guess I won’t be asking anymore stupid question not having anything to do with training! (Foot in mouth)

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
evo2008 wrote:

I’d tend to agree with this. Especially since the swine flu seems to actually be less deadly than the regular flu.

I don’t really get the freakin’ problem, the winter flu kills about 500,000 persons every year.[/quote]

you sure that’s figure is accurate, I thought it was a bit lower

Hope this helps.[/quote]

MORE tHAN 9000 !!! ??

now…this is the most entertaining post yet.

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
evo2008 wrote:

I don’t really get the freakin’ problem, the winter flu kills about 500,000 persons every year.[/quote]

I wasn’t sold on the vaccin either but i’m reconsidering. My girlfriend works in an Intensive care Department. Vaccines for the staff aren’t out yet and the doctors are scared shitless…that alone concerns me.

From what I gather the big thing is when you get it, you have one in two chances, may be one in three to make it through…because they have vaccine but no treatments…nothing that works. most of the cases here in montreal that have been diagnosed with the new strain are on respirator or closely monitored for cardiac complications. and those that died did in 2-3 days…so whats scary about it is how fast it all spins out of control. last cases I know of were a healthy athlete in his 20’s and a 13 y/o kid.

My girl is begging me for me to take the shot. So I dunno anymore. Probably will.

According to CBS News if you went to the doctor in the last 3 months and the doctor said you likely had swine flu there’s a 98% chance you didn’t have swine flu.

Only July 24th the CDC stopped testing for Swine flu. Now if you present with flu like symptoms the CDC assumes you have swine flu and counts you as another to their fake tally.

There seems to be a lot of deception going on here. Here’s a link to the CBS News Story
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/10/21/cbsnews_investigates/main5404829.shtml

Look at the chart. Of those that presented with flu like symptoms before July 24th only about 2% really had the swine flu. Now the CDC seems to be exagerating by a 50:1 ratio.