T Nation

H is Orange

Has anyone else heard of this great band? The’re out of LA. Anyone seen them live?? How were they?!

http://www.purevolume.com/hisorange

Sorry dude, took a listen at the link provided and I think they suck.

GAINER

Glad to see someone else into the L.A. band scene; I’ve definitely heard of them as they’re close friends, and play with my friends AllRise all the time (www.allrisemusic.com) If you’re into LA Rock, I highly recommend checking out Rooney, the lead singer is Robert Carmine, who’s brother is Jason Schwartzmann of Ex-Phantom Planet, and Slackers/I heart Huckabees fame. www.rooney-band.com. Also another amazing band, for those of us over 24 that remember the 80s, or even the younger people that are enjoying the resurgence is Big City Rock at www.BigCityRock.net – these guys just signed and cut a record with Atlantic, and they have the SOUND, man. Talk soon and keep the music alive =]

Ace

[quote]bigace wrote:
Glad to see someone else into the L.A. band scene; I’ve definitely heard of them as they’re close friends, and play with my friends AllRise all the time (www.allrisemusic.com) If you’re into LA Rock, I highly recommend checking out Rooney, the lead singer is Robert Carmine, who’s brother is Jason Schwartzmann of Ex-Phantom Planet, and Slackers/I heart Huckabees fame. www.rooney-band.com. Also another amazing band, for those of us over 24 that remember the 80s, or even the younger people that are enjoying the resurgence is Big City Rock at www.BigCityRock.net – these guys just signed and cut a record with Atlantic, and they have the SOUND, man. Talk soon and keep the music alive =]

Ace[/quote]

Sounds cool, thanks for the info!

What’s this thing that Sam has w/ saying the letter h & seeing orange?? That’s some weird shit!

I like that band because of his voice & they have a great sound together, a great flow together!

I need music that I can identify with. Music with big hairy balls that hits like a truck.
Anyone have anything about that?

[quote]mindeffer01 wrote:
I need music that I can identify with. Music with big hairy balls that hits like a truck.
[/quote]

Try TAD, they are a older grunge band but they are as heavy as hell. Get the Salt Lick/God’s Balls CD, it 14 straight tracks of blistering heavy stuff. I only have it on cassette or I would burn you a copy.

[/quote]

If you explain in further detail your tastes I might be able to help? You like the White Stripes or Strokes by any chance?

No, not White Stripes or anything in that genre, but the heavy powerchord type stuff. Something of an extension of the Metallica/Slayer/Pantera type of music. I haven’t kept up to date on the Metal scene, and if I drop 20 bucks on a c.d., I would like it to be something that I can lift to.
I’m tired of the stuff that starts out with a couple of blistering riffs, then turns all singsongy on you.
Anybody know who did the music for the tripple X soundtrack? A few of those songs are brutal.

Get the song Millionaire by Queens of the Stone Age. I believe it was on the XXX soundtrack, kicks quite a bit of ass.

Bro I wouldn’t admit to that kind of thing, unless you’re from West Hollywood, CA? :slight_smile: Try The Village People =] Just kidding of course.

Check out “End of the World” by AM Radio, one of my favorite tracks, its on their album Radioactive. They’re a power pop band (the guy Kevin Ridell grew up with Rivers from Weezer,) but that song is some fuckin’ rock. Anyways I’m endless with this shit as it relates to rap and rock, its part of what I do for a living, so I can give you much more, but according to my inbox there are 30000 replies to read, so I best run :slight_smile:
Ace

[/quote]

Yo, check out that page for that info; you might also like System of a Down?

By the way see if you can score only disc 1 of the XXX sdtk on EBay, as I dont know if you’re into the rap of disc 2 =]

Ace

No, not White Stripes or anything in that genre, but the heavy powerchord type stuff. Something of an extension of the Metallica/Slayer/Pantera type of music. I haven’t kept up to date on the Metal scene, and if I drop 20 bucks on a c.d., I would like it to be something that I can lift to.
I’m tired of the stuff that starts out with a couple of blistering riffs, then turns all singsongy on you.
Anybody know who did the music for the tripple X soundtrack? A few of those songs are brutal.
[/quote]

Thanks guys. I’ll check this stuff out.