Gyno

I sent my son to the doctor because he appears small for his age and he appears to have gyno. I was working and sent my girlfriend with him. The doctor said his nips were like that “because he is growing and aroused.”
When I got home my girl told me what happened and I was pissed. I wrote the doctor a letter saying that I don’t think this is normal and I feel he just blew us off. I further stated that I felt his growth was not normal, that the gyno indicates there is a problem. He responded by saying that he was experincing a growth spurt and “the additional adrogens in his system are causing the gyno.”

Guy, is this right? I don’t think so. Can you get gyno from having high levels of endogeneous andros? It doesn’t make sense and I wanted to present the question to you guys whom I trust far more than the Dr.

How old is he? I think that you are probably over reacting.

Yeah man. High test = high E = gyno. To put it simply. On the good side: teenage gyno often dissapears at the end of puberty, but not always.

Slight gyno is common among growing boys. Your doctor is right on. This will normally go away when he gets older.

I had it around 11-12 yrs. Don’t be to concerned. As long as it is only gyno it should disappear.

Actually, your doc is probably right. I had a similar experience. I can recall three specific times during puberty when my nipples got swollen and puffy, and it really hurt if I got hit or touched too hard. Usually it lasted about a month or so, and was always followed by a growth spurt. Relatively speaking, anyway…I’m 5’8".

Anyway, I think you should be mindful of it for the next month or so, and expect your son to shoot up a few inches. If nothing happens, take him back to the doc, or get a second opinion.

Actually, your doc is probably right. I had a similar experience. I can recall three specific times during puberty when my nipples got swollen and puffy, and it really hurt if I got hit or touched too hard. Usually it lasted about a month or so, and was always followed by a growth spurt. Relatively speaking, anyway…I’m 5’8".

Anyway, I think you should be mindful of it for the next month or so, and expect your son to shoot up a few inches. If nothing happens, take him back to the doc, or get a second opinion.

I had gyno in 4th or 5th grade. It went away after about a year. It looked really wierd - one nip was about twice as large as the other, but everything was back to normal in a year or so.

When I was around thirteen (middle school) I had what I would now consider gyno. I had little lumps under my nipples that could be kinda painful. That definitely went away though now that I pretty much done with puberty. I only remember it bothering me for about 1 year. Your son won’t have it forever.

Not much you can do. I had/have this and docs always said it would go away. It does for many but i remember reading like 20% of the male population has gyno. I just learned to dble up tee shirts, and even have ironed a thicker material into tees to look less titty. The worst part is the bigger you build your chest the more noticible the gyno is, UNLESS your pecs are so big your nipples end up pointing down(Bodybuilder big). Best of luck Im saving up for surgery now. Around 3,500 for good surgeon.