Gyno with Normal Labs? What Am I Missing?

You would feel better doubling those T values. With anastrozole to keep E2 around 20-22, your T:E2 might improve things and reduce general fat and torso fat as well.

You mention a few side factors … thyroid also influences fat levels.

Hey sorry I never realized there were more replies here i must have missed the notification. I live in NY is the USA not sure where your from. How did the surgery/healing go? Are you happy with the results? Did you use Silverman?Just for an idea to control your estrogen if you go TRT i was at 200mg/week and mine shot up to 70 estradiol sensitive which is the only thing I can point my issue towards. Lowering my dose to 130mg per week(always split to two shots 3.5 days apart) and taking 10mg aromasin daily my TEST was 780 and sensitive estradiol was 10. Im now doing 160mg TEST C per week(split mon/fri) with 10mg aromasin (MWF)my TEST is 950 and sensitive estradiol is 18. I feel pretty good. I tried taking raloxifene to shrink what amount of gyno became present and it gave me constant headaches, runny nose, facial flushing although does seem to have been helping somewhat. If im cold i look normal but if hot i get a little sag like the pics. Im gonna see how it looks in a couple months after having steady levels to determine if it will shrink, grow, or stay the same.

i am from europe. Surgery went fine and i am very satisfied with the results until the moment.
my gyno was very mild. 25 g of gland taken and 200 mg of fat on each side.
i can wear everything i want again. there is no price for that.
i was desperate to take it out, and it didnt disapear with tamoxifen , but i didnt use an AI aswell…
try to chill out about it… probably it will disapear whith an AI … If not, in 12 months you can allways get the surgery ( i think that with those T and E values, you will be OK)
I can barely see the incisions… no one can notice (neither the nipples or the lipo incision)

Nice sounds like it was a good move. Glad it went well

I had gyno surgery before and it is coming back. My left side has always been worse than my right side. Before trt I was between 30-42 E2. Now I am at E2 =20.8 but still feels like gyno is growing. Have you guys looked into actually getting the gland removed so it would be a permanent fix?

I think you cant remove the entire gland… There are allways some cells attached to the nipple.
I know that E2 should be the main responsible for this , but i think IGF-1 and cortisol may have somekind of interaction aswell… Mine was growing with a normal estrogen value (but low T) and high IGF-1…
Literature says that sometimes it’s just idiopathic without a particular reason… maybe your cells are sensitive to estrogen… I suppose that your T.E ratio is high enough, since you are on TRT…

I am also having the exact same issues. I have already went through gyno surgery once to have the glands removed from taking testosterone when I was younger with no AI or anything because i simply was not well educated enough about everything. Fast forward to now, I am on TRT 100mg twice a week, taking anastrozole (arimidex) 1mg every day, and having the gyno come back. I have had lab work done and estradiol is 7ng/ml, prolactin 7.19 ng/ml. What am I missing that would be causing it? The only other input that I don’t have a number for is IGF-1, but I dont see how that could be too high either.

The surgery was not successful, it appears not all of the glands were removed. As for what’s causing the gyno to return is kind of a moot, even if you knew what was causing it there’s little you could do about it.

The goal is always to get 100% of the gland removed with gyno surgery, but sometimes this leads to indentation of the nipple if they are not extremely careful and even with 100% gland removal this does not make gyno impossible to come back (it is much harder for it to though). However, this is besides the point. The cause of the gyno return is the main focus here as I do not want it to develop any further again. If I can find out what is causing it then that gets me one step closer to mitigating this issue. I am working with a pretty well informed hormone doctor on this, but even he is still yet to pin point the underlying cause.