T Nation

Gyno or Man Boobs?

Is there a difference between gyno and man-boobs? As far as I know, there is a difference, but… Will man-boobs eventually become the hardened deposit that is usually called gyno? Can you get rid of estrogen induced man boobs? I say estrogen induced because no change in body fat happend, also it was after about 2 weeks of using adex alone as I was perparing for a test prop cycle.

I took adex 2 weeks prior to starting injections to have it already in the blood and stable before adding test…anyway I have a case of the man-boobs that started abot 12-13 days in to adex use (I have no idea why this would occur if adex is anti-E) so I discontinued and started nolva 4 days ago, Ive noticed nothing has changed. I am wondering if the man-boobs should start to go away on their own as estrogen levels start to drop back to normal or should I run some letro to kill all the excess estrogen and then start nolva.

Apparently I am highly sensitive to aromitization, my first cycle I have a similar problem only their was a noticible lump under my right nipple…any insight would be appreciated

Some people refer to men with fat chests as having man boobs, if it is just body fat then yes it will go with fat loss, some men tend to store fat on their chests more than others. Gyno will give you fibrous lumps under your nipples and sometimes also puffy nipples. Neither of these cases is desirable!

Gyno symptoms can be alleviated with serm/ ai in the early stages (sore itchy nipples) but gyno itself is not reversible, gyno can be minimized with nolvadex and a guy on here called juice said letro worked best (at minimizing existing gyno) but I have never used letro so can’t say myself, using nolvadex to minimize gyno is temporary obviously.

You say you have a case of 'man boobs that started 12-13 days after adex use, but mention a lump under your right nipple from a first cycle, please clarify and maybe some of the others will be able to help you out, good luck and I’m sorry to hear your having these problems.

How much of this adex were you taking? though it sounds like it couldn’t have been adex.
If you do have Gyno, the only way out is surgery I’m sorry to say, not cheap, and not fun…

The lump from the first cycle was never hard, it was somewhat soft…maybe I misinterpreted it as gyno. There is a pretty sizeable fatty lump beside my nipple like I am growing a titty, like I mentioned before my body fat never changed in this short period of time, if anything I was starting to lean out a bit.

The size of the fatty area has somewhat reduced but not back to normal by any means. I am wondering if a bit of letro is overkill or just what I need…I hate to use such a harsh substance if it may return to normal soon on its own. The “puffy nipple” you refered to, would that be permanent?..possible start of gyno? Also most importantly, this is the same bottle of liquid adex I used on my first cycle, I wonder if there is something coincidently causing the same problem…I couldnt figure out why I would have any issues with adex, but now i am paranoid to use that brand again.

Lastly, I was using .25ml EOD for the first week, then I cut it back to .125ml EOD, reason for cutting back was fear of cutting my estrogen back to far because labido was slipping a bit. Then the titties came, mostly the right, but both for sure. The left is back to normal now and I am hoping the right will soon return to normal on its own. I thought a week of letro possible low dose .125ml up to .25ml and taper back off may kill excess est. and return things to normal.

If I am wrong, it could cause more problems, especially a rebound effect. Anyone with a good solid reccommendation would be hugely appreciated. Maybe I am overreacting, but time is important, I dont want to wait till its permanent to try to reverse with letro.

I was hoping some one else would have offered an opinion like Bonez or BBB, but as there is no time to waste my advice would be to throw your liquid adex away, I am guessing it is research adex so is probably poor quality.
I have never used Letro so cannot advise on using it, if you have some quality nolvadex then at this stage using it to try and minimize your ‘lumps’ can only help, if they are permanent which I fear they are then the nolva will reduce them somewhat and they will ‘puff’ back up a couple of days after you stop taking it.
Good luck…

Are/were you actually on cycle ?

Or did the gyno symptoms develop before the cycle after you reduced your adex dosage you were taking to load the levels ?

The symptoms happened right before I started the cycle, while I was loading levels. I didnt want to start the cycle with the problem at hand. My symptoms started to subside a little while I used nolva for 4 or 5 days, but as soon as I came off of it, they came back…wondering if its the rise in estrogen from the nolva or if the nolva helped and when I stopped the problem reoccured. Possibly if I wait a bit my body rights itself to its own normal levels and the “tits” may subside, or, they don’t and I give a round of letro and hope for the best, as long as the fatty tissue doesnt harden or E levels rebound and get the same result: “man boobs”.

Also, I still havent figured out whether man-boobs are the same as gyno? As far as I have interpreted, they are different, but bothe caused from high E levels…I’m thinking.

Man Boobs: body fat stored in the chest area, just like body fat stored any where else it will slowly disappear with exercise and diet.

Man breasts: Caused by high estrogen levels, glands under the nipples, permanent,can give the appearance of being hard and pointy but are soft and puffy, can only be removed by surgery. Just like girls boobs grow when they put on weight so will these. They’ll look like a girls chest when she very first starts growing breast’s, the appearance will vary according to the development of your Gyno and your body fat levels.
If unsure go to a doctor for a diagnosis. If they keep re occurring like I was worried they would when you stop using a SERM then sorry it sounds like you have Gyno and need surgery ;-(

Thanks for the insight and clarification, only good thing is they arent bad, especially since its more so the right one. The thing about it is there were no signs…no tingling, no burning, no itching of the nipples…what are your thoughts about a letro run to try to reverse things since nothing is hardened? And what to do to prevent a rebound?

hey i have puffy nipples and ive had them for a while im not sure if its gyno or just water? but ive read a couple forums and found that letrozole would help and on top of that im stacking it with clenbutrol just to cut some fat… ive been taking it for like almost 2months and it looks like its not working it actually looks like its making it worse… im about 197, i was 225 but working out and dieting+clen helped but my nips just never seem to go down? i was wondering if anyone had any info on this… ive never taken any steroids its just natural maybe novla?

[quote]mopchopper wrote:
Thanks for the insight and clarification, only good thing is they arent bad, especially since its more so the right one. The thing about it is there were no signs…no tingling, no burning, no itching of the nipples…what are your thoughts about a letro run to try to reverse things since nothing is hardened? And what to do to prevent a rebound?[/quote]

If you read the posts you’ll see that Gyno is not reversible without surgery. Nolvadex may minimize and reduce the puffiness, as will keeping bodyfat down, not bodyweight, at least thats what I found. A guy on here called juice mentioned Letro minimized gyno but I have never used this so cannot comment.

You need to taper off of AI/ SERM to prevent Estrogen rebound.

[quote]kevinace978 wrote:
hey i have puffy nipples and ive had them for a while im not sure if its gyno or just water? but ive read a couple forums and found that letrozole would help and on top of that im stacking it with clenbutrol just to cut some fat… ive been taking it for like almost 2months and it looks like its not working it actually looks like its making it worse… im about 197, i was 225 but working out and dieting+clen helped but my nips just never seem to go down? i was wondering if anyone had any info on this… ive never taken any steroids its just natural maybe novla? [/quote]

The severity of the Gyno can only be minimized, it depends on the size of the lumps/ tissue.
Get it diagnosed as Gyno by the doctor and consider surgery.
As I said minimizing bf will help, Nolvadex is only a temp solution to a permanent problem.
Good luck…

thanks fellas im gonna end up jumping off the letrozole and start taken some novla to provent rebound any good sites where i can get some? ill hope for the best with this stuff because 2months on the letrozole is killing my joints… screw that shit so im guessing the novla is probly my last chance before surgery.

depending on where you are research chemicals may be your only choice/option
google away…

thanks fellas

You need to taper the letro down, jumping off of it is going to fuck you up. Read more.

Just wanted to throw out my own findings.
As far as all my research on the matter concludes is that there are two type of gyno.

Type 1: regular gynecomastia
Type 2: Pseudo-gynecomastia.

You are primarily correct as that it is related to estrogen. From what poliquin says that men carrying pectoral fat show signs of having too much estrogen.
Unfortunately I dont know how to get rid of the puffiness. I have a pretty low bf% still cant shake it from the chest though.

There are also issues with prolactin as well which can cause the area of the nipple to in a sense swell. Regular gyno is with the hard mass lump behind the nipple. Pseudogyno is the fat cells.

An endo I recently visited and wasted my money on told me that marijuana can cause it (and pretty much everything else can cause it; alcohol, weed, Rx drugs, OTC drugs, soy etc etc) but basically the fat cells of the (breast) tissue are turned on and start to retain more fat. Of course he didnt tell me how to fix it :slight_smile:

as far as responding to your particular case, ive got no idea it doesnt make sense. If you can you might want to draw some labs and start talking to KSman.
Good luck