Gyno or Just Fat from a Dirty Bulk?

When I palpate my nipple and surrounding area it is just soft and fatty feeling. I have no lumps or pain.

A1C is 5.7 and glucose is just over 100 so I am prediabetic.
Have held these numbers for the last 12 years. I am 67

I go to the gym 5 days a week but only do ~15minutes of light cardio(stationary bike). Just to get my heart warmed up. I prefer pushing the heavy weights around.

Do to covid we are limited to 1 hour on the gym floor so I can only work 1 muscle group per day. Not counting warmups I like doing 6 sets with 3 different exercises for the same muscle group. Although I push to failure I don’t think I burn many calories.

Thanks again for taking the time to offer some great advice.

Well darn. On March 10th I just started my Spring Cycle nothing too grand. 400 TE/wk and 20 Avanar /day, .5 anastrozole/wk. That was what the blood test was for.

So Professor Hulk do you think I should go off the cycle back to TRT levels until I get my weight back down?

Then no gyno my friend. Great news!

Good for you! I think it’s definitely worth your while to try and drop 10-15 pounds of fat and improve insulin sensitivity a bit.

Me too! I can tell you don’t pussyfoot around the gym. You give me hope, being so yoked at your age. Lift till you die, my friend. The fasted coffee walking I suggested was in addition to, not instead of lifting. Sorry if I didn’t make that clear. It will help with fat loss and won’t hurt your lifting at all, promise.

This is a question only you can answer. Doesn’t matter what I think. What is your priority in life right now? If it’s to keep crushin’ it and get even more yoked, I’d finish this cycle, then back off and do all the above. If you’re more concerned with getting back to optimal health and living 20 more years, I’d do the above, let SHBG recover, get estrogen (and therefore water weight) under control, get some fat off to improve insulin sensitivity and reduce the overall strain on your heart.

I’m personally in the same quagmire myself right now. I’m about 19% fat, fasting glucose was 97 the other day, and when I look in the mirror, it’s time to cut. But strength is the priority right now and I don’t plan on cutting until my lifts stop increasing. I just started 300Test/400 Primo the other day and I’m waiting to see how I respond to it before I decide whether to bulk or cut.

Good health and strong lifts to you, whatever you decide.

2 Likes

Hey @hrdlvn, good to see you back.

Agree with everybody else here, definitely not gyno. Just a little bodyfat. (As an aside here, at 67, you’re doing great and are in the top 1 or 2 percentile for men your age as far as muscle mass, tone, and strength).

I dont remember if you were still around when I ran my first HGH cycle which resulted in a pretty good fat loss while preserving muscle. I think you might benefit from about 120 day cycle at about 4 iu/day. Of course, that should be coupled by a clean up of your diet and maintaining your current TRT regimen. Its amazing what GH does for sleep quality and recovery as well.

If I remember right, you’re in southern CO. Too bad about the gyms there. I’m in central TX and my Gold’s has removed all restrictions and capacity limits. Maybe its time for y’all to become snowbirds and come south for the remainder of the spring (snowy) season.

1 Like

Hi studhammer, I do remember and just got my bitcoin account and wallet set up. I have some HGH on the way. Based off of your old post and success. I went with somatropin. I have no idea if it is good or not. Ever heard of it?

As professor hulk suggests I have added the morning water and 2-mile walk as my first task at the gym. Bike and treadmill don’t count in your 1-hour floor limit.

I also spent the last 3 hours on the Lose it app overhauling my diet. I’m going with 2250 cal/day 40% of that will be lean protein. 30% carbs and 30% good fats.

Pretty sure somatropin is the generic term for HGH. Hopefully, you got it from a reputable source.

You might want to take a look at this post I did last year. There might be something there you can use.

I have no idea it is my first buy. So the order is small to test them out. My source for the last 4 years something has happens. I have a 400buck order in since November and I placed a second order and never received a notices from my CC to authorize the purchase. When I email them they said they are experience covid issues. I can’t wait 6 months for overseas orders so a new source has to be tested.

When I suggested this, I didn’t realize you lifted first thing in the morning. Walking 2 miles while fasted, then trying to lift heavy, may prove difficult or even undoable. Your lifting might suffer, which is a huge no-no.

Best to separate the two.

Either:
A) wake up, don’t eat, drink some water and black coffee, then walk 2-3 miles, then train 6-8 hrs later in the day, after a couple of meals.

B) wake up, drink water, eat 1-2 pieces of fruit, lift heavy, then do the walking in the afternoon/evening.

Option A is more effective for fat loss. Option B is better than trying to cut by just lifting alone.

OK I understand. Right now in Colorado it is snowing every other day so getting out to walk a few miles can be an issue. I would prefer to use a treadmill at my gym for a while.

My current schedule is to eat a hearty breakfast 2 hours before going to the gym. I drink half my pre workout(JYM) on the drive. 15 minutes of stationary bike riding then right into my lifting for the muscle group of the day. Could I add the treadmill walk at the end of my lifting? Or would that not work because I am not fasting? I can’t drink coffee due to high blood pressure. I do take morning meds to knock it down.
Thanks for the continued discussion and optional ideas.

The LISS cardio is beneficial any time you can get it in EXCEPT right before lifting. That’s the only time it would be a bad idea. If you really aren’t able to separate your walking from your lifting right now then, yes, it would be best to do it right after lifting and then go eat your post workout meal.

When the weather improves, I cant recommend enough…waking up, drinking water and coffee (or a mild stimulant in your case), and going for a long walk to start your day. Helps with just about everything from circulation, recovery, mindset, and melts fat, if diet is clean.

Since that’s impractical right now, the long walks on your off days and/or after lifting is better than nothing at all. Since you’re on 400mgs of Test you won’t go catabolic and sacrifice muscle by extending your workout 30minutes.

As soon as you’re able to separate the LISS from your lifting sessions, option A above would be the best choice, option B would be next best.

I also saw your diet a couple posts back. 2,200 seems low for a yoked guy like you. What’s maintenance for you? I’d think 2,500 would be a better starting point. Eat a clean 2,500, walk a coupe miles every day, and lift heavy on the 400mgs of Test and some GH you mentioned, and fat should melt off of you like wax off a candle. Remember to keep E2 under control though. The Test and GH are know to make you hold water and high E2 will only exacerbate that.

Christian Thibadeau talked about how helpful he found long, fasted walks in a recent article. I discovered how awesome it is, years ago, while dieting down.

Best of luck to you @hrdlvn
image|230x500

1 Like

The calorie app I use is called Lose It. I just plugged my numbers in and it recommended 2250. I am not dead set on that number it was just the suggested calories per day to go from 212 back to 194 my normal weight. The app asked nothing about lifting just what is your normal activity level. I picked low since lifting is just 1 hour of my day.

If Spring will ever come to Colorado this year I will be trying your plan A it sounds great. I might not be on this Spring Cycle there is a good chance that will be over or I might even end it early since I have some HGH and metformin on order.
I don’t usually do 3 blasts a year due to my age but covid has me all screwed up.

Normally I am on 100mg of T cyp/wk. With my in the dirt SHGB that still puts my free T over range. I will continue to buy mini blood tests to get my E2 in the mid 20’s I have always felt my best there.

When blasting I don’t mind it going a bit high I think it helps my shoulders. But if I start crying at the drop of the hat I know I have let it go too high and this time I’ve got Fatboy tits which means I really let things get out of control.

Thanks again professor hulk it always great talking with you.

What kinda pace for walking? I did a bit over 2 miles today in 35ish minutes, more uphills than flat. Legs were burning when I was done. Too much for LISS?

A good rule of thumb for LISS is to use the talk test. If you couldnt carry on a normal phone conversation without the other person asking, “You sound out of breath, are you having sex while we’re on the phone?” then you’re doing it too hard. You also shouldn’t feel a burn anywhere when you’re done.

If you’re crossing over your lactic acid threshold, you’re doing a different kind of cardio and it has to be scheduled differently than the fasted LISS.

2 Likes

so if you’re having sex and don’t sound out of breath, you’re doing sex right :laughing:

If you sound like you’re having sex, you’re doing LISS wrong.

If you sound like you’re doing LISS correctly, you’re doing sex VERY WRONG.

2 Likes

I do my sex HIT style. 30-10-30. Once every 2 weeks for 3 minutes each session. Progress has been astounding.

3 Likes

It might only be 3 minutes, but the inroad is deep.

1 Like

So deep. So, so deep. Fully involved inroad.

1 Like

I think we need to do a group buy on this tee shirt.

4 Likes

I was just sitting in my truck at my daughters soccer practice and this popped in my head just now because I can tell my E2 is sky-high right now. By this point, I know my body and the signs. Yeah, like a lot of things in life the pendulum has swung from one extreme to the other and flung people off in the process.

The pendulum has swung, and not just on this forum, from “always use an AI” to “avoid them like the plague” to now we’re somewhere in the middle around “it’s an individual thing”. I’m waiting for it to swing all the way back over to always use an AI. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, I’m going home to take an AI. Y’all have a great night!