Gyno Info--Check Yourself!

Nobody has put this up yet. I’m a testicular cancer survivor (7yrs knock, knock, knock).

First: CHECK YOUR TESTICLES FOR LUMPS!!! Once a month in a hot shower.

Second: Testicular cancer and other cancers (certain carcinomas) cause HCG levels to go up, which cause your estrogen levels to rise, thus you can get gyno from that. So, if you have gyno what ever the cause you think it might be it is a good idea to have your doc run a Beta-HCG blood test to make sure things are in order.

Especially if you are experiencing gyno out of the blue. First check your nuts, than go to the doc. I don’t post here too often but I think it might be a good idea to make this one sticky. Even if it helps just one person out to catch something in time. I personally think men don’t get told enough to check themselves.

Sincerely,
JOE:)

First of all, well done on pulling through. But this is the steroid forum. Somewhere else may have been a little more appropriate.

Second, society fosters general contempt for men. We are taught to never admit weakness and never seek help. Yes, I am generalizing here.

Example: I know for a fact that in NZ breast cancer kills less people that prostate cancer per year. Yet breast cancer is disproportionately represented as being a major killer. I know I’ll get flamed as a woman hater for saying this, but I think that is plain sexist.

So props to you for mentioning this subject, but the cynical side of me thinks this issue is going to be largely ignored.

People post about gyno here thats why I put it here. When you get it get your HCG checked.

Great advice, thankyou for your post. Having survived testicular cancer myself I understand your post and its relevance. It is too bad there will be knuckle headz who knock this post or thread, because it could potentially save a life.

Testicular cancer has forever changed me, it has forced me to learn about about testosterone and all its wonder and mystery. Having to deal with hormone replacement utilizing an array of drugs to combat it, I have gained a sizable understanding of the subject (hence the somewhat egotisitically log in name “testexpert”).

But no one on this site really gives a shit, no one wants to hear what insight someone like you or me might have to offer. Look at how many dumb fucks on this site respond to a post without really offering an explanation, scientific data, or practical experience.

It blows my mind that folks on this forum want advice from some dumb fuck who shut his own testosterone off from too many cycles, from shitty gear, from out and out drug abuse. I guess that makes you a “Vet” and allows you credibility on the steroid form at T-Nation.

I appreciate your advice and explanation.

[quote]joeyk39 wrote:
So, if you have gyno what ever the cause you think it might be it is a good idea to have your doc run a Beta-HCG blood test to make sure things are in order.

JOE:)[/quote]

Interesting. Perhaps a home pregnancy kit would be the first step.