Gyno from Teens Reappeared at 21 Years Old

Hello all,

A couple of weeks ago I started to get sensitive nipples, I didn’t think much of it since it could just be because of my clothes rubbing on it. However, since 1.5 week now, I started to feel on both sides under my nipples a lumb (disk like) object. It instantly reminded of when I was 14-15 years old, when I had this too, but it lasted 2 years and when I was 17 it was pretty much gone. I’m pretty sure this is gyno, and I am totally clueless WHY it came back at 21 year old. Next to that, my sex drive/libido is totally to the ground, I used to want it everyday, now I am not even in the mood for once a week, it totally stresses me out.

Some background info about me: I am about 175 lbs, 5’10 length, I exercise now for around 1 year, 3-4 times a week (for strength/muscle growth). I do not take anabolic steroids of some kind. The only supplements I take are magnesium and whey protein. Next to that I recently (around 6-8 weeks) started with also taking Zinc and Vitamin D3. The only thing that changed recently is these two supplements, but these should only make Testosterone higher, so I guess there is no correlation with the gyno?

Today I went to the lab to have my blood levels checked out (TSH, T4, Testosterone, LH, Creatinine etc.), so I am waiting for the results.

Does anyone has any clue how this suddenly happened out of nowhere, while I am 21 years old?

Thank you all.

Well first of all this is a Testosterone Replacement forum talking about all things related to that. So gynecomastia in the absence of TRT is out of our general wheelhouse. It sounds like you are genetically predisposed to this condition and you should talk to your doctor about it. There are some folks on this forum who have had it taken care of surgically so maybe they will weigh in for you.

You’ll want to get Estradiol and Prolactin checked too.

A hormonal imbalance causes gyno, testosterone, estrogen, DHT and prolactin out of balance can cause gyno. There’s nothing that suggests gyno will occur only once in your life, as you age your hormones change and this change can lead to a gyno flare up.

The best option is to have both glands removed to prevent another gyno flare up, but most insurance companies refuse coverage and gyno surgery costs $5000-$8000. It could even be a pituitary tumor secreting prolactin dropping testosterone and causing an imbalance. An MRI will be needed if prolactin is elevated.

I’d go see a doctor, if you at all have the means. Do the blood work above if you want but don’t rely on this or any forum to diagnose this.