Gyno After Fat Loss. Keep Cutting Or...?

Hi there,

First post, hopefully in the right place! So some background was very heavy around Feb this year, decided to drop it went from 280lbs to roughly 201lbs now, Im 6’5ish 19 years old, Im not sure if i have gyno still or have, I noticed that the fat around my chest went down a lot but still have fat on my chest area, still have a bit of a belly but i think this due to not much muscle and a good bit of loose skin, Its kind of confidence recking, but Im unclear what to do, I thought when I dropped this amount of weight i’d look good but no that wasnt the case, still look bad, due to the low muscle I have and loose skin. Now looking into it surgery etc its looking about 5k or so to get it removed which is way out of my budget. Im worried to go to the docs since I still have a belly, and I could drop about 20lbs but I think would that be too low for my height? plus he’d probably suggest to lose more weight, Anyone deal with a situation like this before?

Thanks for looking.

Gyno is not having fat on your chest. Gyno is an enlargement of the gland behind the nipple. Poke yourself in the nipple - if you have a very obvious rubbery lump behind it then that’s gyno.

From what you describe, you don’t have gyno. You have big fat titties.

4 Likes

…I’m going to keep my composure here, and suggest you eat at slightly above maintenance while doing a high volume program and cutting out the cardio you’ve likely been doing. This is not a “bulk”. It sounds like you were fat-weak and dieted your way down to skinnyfat. Either way, you needed to build muscle, and you’ve lost a good amount of fat already, so you have several options:

1. Take advantage of the good position you’ve put yourself in after shedding lots of weight, build some muscle, eat lots of healthy food, and fill out that skin,

2. Diet down to 180 lbs at 6’5, and get more loose skin with the same/slightly worse muscle mass you currently have, or

3. Feel bad for yourself.

If you want to fix the way you look - and it CAN be done - pick a program, go to the training log subforum and start a log.

P.S. @Yogi1 loves you. He just doesn’t know how to show it. Or he does, because he loves titties. But he has a point. You’d know Gyno if you had it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice folks!
Yogi all good thanks for being straight to the point lol!
@flappinit Just one question,If I lean bulk lets say about 3000cals roughly maintenance for me is about 2600ish, And I stick to this for a few months, Would putting muscle on overall, and especially around my stomach/chest area look better? I always thought If I had a small gut or stomach dieting was the only way to get it off, but if i put muscle on wouldn’t it make it look better or am i wrong?
I would like to bulk, clean bulk none of that dirty bulk sh@t!

Thanks all!

Yes.

1 Like

Cheers for the help flapp,

Bmr while moving is 2600 roughly So Monday starting the lean bulk around 3kcals since I do alot of walking from buses to college etc etc and the gym. Maybe lower the cals on the weekend since I don’t do much! I’ll be figuring out the macros this weekend but I was thinking of something like
Protien 250g = 900cals
Carbs 400g = 1600cals
Fat 60 = 540cals
I think that sounds about right, maybe I should bump up the protien a bit more ? But when dropping the cals on the weekend I’ll take it from carbs and leave everything as is! Sounds good ?

I don’t think you need any more protein than 250g. 400g is a lot of carbs, so yes, you can drop them on the weekend. Most of all, pay attention to the scale and the mirror.

Thanks flapp

Was thinking it maybe a small bit too much, maybe I’ll lower em a small bit more down to 350g maybe a better idea, I’ll weigh in Sunday and take some pictures.

Cheers for the help!

I don’t have a ton to add to @flappinit’s sound advice, but I wouldn’t get too stuck on this number. It’s likely you don’t know what you burn (or take in) in a day. Even if you do, it will change. I’m even one of the few that thinks counting calories is useful, but I think you should both be comfortable adjusting based on your actual results and be comfortable not doing it because you’re 19 and what a shitty young life counting calories when you don’t need to could be

2 Likes

I’m 190 and maintenance for me is 2900. I’m also 31, and not sure if age makes that much of a difference.

I think you can eat a lot more than you’re allowing yourself to eat. You’re going to look infinitely better with 5lbs more muscle than 10lbs less weight.

I appreciate all your help all means a lot, I hope my metabolism gets better when eating more food and at different times etc, will update the thread after the 1st week and such!

Thanks all.

1 Like

Yes. You will look better.

1 Like