Gynecomastia on Testosterone Cypionate

Hey guys. Newbie to using testosterone here. I’m 35 and recently decided to do my first cycle after years of training. But I’m a little bit concerned over the gynecomastia issue. I’ve heard and read horror stories.

Anyway my trainer told me a 5 week testosterone cypionate would be a good start along with tamoxifen on a daily basis.

Would the tamoxifen be enough to prevent gyno?

Do i need anything else like an AI ?

I desperately need help with this to have it explained in simple terms cuz there’s a lot of confusion about these SERMS and AI’s

Best

Your trainer is retarded and you should feel free to ignore literally everything he tells you from here on out. Because that’s how unremittingly stupid this advice is.

Five weeks isn’t just a waste of time and money, it will hurt you significantly more than it will help you. It’s genuinely counterproductive and no person with any understanding of hormones, science, or basic chemistry would every recommend this.

Without making this into a wall of text, you need to do a lot more research. And it needs to be done places like here and far, far away from people like your trainer.

The short version is this: test c won’t even hit peak saturation until about week six. The ester is long(ish) and it takes a while to unwind. That’s why cycles are recommended to be no fewer than 10 weeks and should ideally be 12-16, depending on goals, risk aversion, and training history. Five weeks is not 10 weeks. Nor is it 12, 14, or 16. You’ll be stopping right when you’re hitting your stride. Then you’ll go into pct for four weeks and what minimal gains you made will vanish. You’ll probably be sitting at a much lower natural level of testosterone for another 4-8 weeks after that, during which time it’ll be harder to gain muscle, keep off fat, and generally feel healthy. You’ll be doing all of this so that you can have a short, unproductive cycle. It’s bad from start to finish.

3 Likes

Hey bruh. Thanks for the heads up. Btw is it a better idea to use dht compounds like win or masterone to avoid gyno?

No, you need testosterone in your cycle. Period. You can use low dose Nolva to help prevent gyno. But most guys never have an issue with it. It’s not an unreasonable fear to have; none of us want our own boobs. But it’s a risk that’s a lot lower on the scale than you’d think.

Speak for yourself. If I could get a hold of my own C’s maybe D’s, I aint ever leaving the house.

3 Likes

I lurk frequently and see a lot of these threads about this “trainer” told them to do this terrible cycle, or just plain bad advice on steroids… 99% of these trainers are terrible lol

3 Likes

Thank you. But what about doing the test along with winny . I heard that winny would help prevdnt the gyno. Is that right?

Again please excuse my ignorance

And btw what would be the ideal cycle for someone who’s new to all this in your opinion? What exactly would be good to help the conversion?

Should i just stick to a tesylt only cycle along with an AI ?

I copied the following from the beginner cycle sticky I’ve linked here: Steroid Newbie Cycle Planning

Cycle Plan
W 1-10 Test Enth 250mg E3D
W 1-12 Adex 0.25mg EOD (reduce to 0.125mg EOD in last week)

This would be an example of a camp number 2 keep it simple cycle. You don’t really need to get more complicated than this but if you want to below are some typical inclusions for a first cycle…

Optional secondary additions
W 1-4 Dbol 10mg 3x/d if you want an oral kickstart or just a little something extra thrown in mid cycle when your test is kicking in (seems most lately are going with the latter)
W 1-8 Deca 300mg/w if you want some additional bulking help
W 1-8 Tren Enth 150mg E3D if you want additional strength help
W 6-12 Proviron 25mg 2x/d if you want some help with libido

Optional Ancilliaries
W 1-12 Nolva 20mg/d if gyno symptoms (itchy/tender nipples) start to show
W 1-10 Caber 0.5mg 2x/w if you are having prolactin issues (difficulty getting an erection when on tren or deca)
W 3-10 HCG 250iu 3x/w if you want to prevent your nuts from shrinking and make recovery easier

Post Cycle Therapy starts week 13

It is the same with either approach…you just have to make sure that your gear is cleared from your system before you start PCT (or it won’t work because you will still be getting suppressed from the gear).

PCT Option 1 (SERM PCT)
W 13 Nolva 20mg 2x/d or Clomid 50mg 2x/d
W 14-16 Nolva 20mg/d or Clomid 25mg/d

PCT Option 2 (Test Stasis and Taper)
W 10-12 Off (if your cycle was enth 2 weeks is enough to drop down to normal levels)
W 13-14 Test Enth 40mg E3D (stasis portion to mimic normal hormone levels)
W 15-16 Test Enth 30mg E3D (taper portion)
W 17-18 Test Enth 20mg E3D
W 19-20 Test Enth 10mg E3D

The taper gradually takes your body below normal androgen levels slowly enough that it is able to kick in and compensate. There is a much more detailed explaination of this in the “Test Taper Protocol” sticky thread so I suggest you read that if you are interested in this approach.

That says it better than I could and that’s what’d I’d do for my first cycle

1 Like

research , research , research ……

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the information.

So from what i understood from your post :

Test enanthate 250 every 3 days for 10 weeks.

I keep the nolvadex in case gyno symptoms start showing up.

Right?

Pretty much

10-12 weeks. I’ve planned for 12 weeks both of my cycles, and have ended them at 10 weeks due to slowed progress and just “feeling” like I was done. Hard to explain, but by week 10 both times, I just felt ready to be done. Gained 20lbs and kept 10-12lbs afterwards.

I’m hoping with the additions or an oral at the back half, that I go the full 12 and enjoy it.

Don’t run the adex from the start though. .25mg EOD is way too much to start. First cycle i listened to similar and crashed my E2. Second cycle I never ran an AI and felt amazing. Turns out, I don’t need adex when running test. We are all different, wait until you have high estrogen symptoms. Then add it slowly.

But if and when gyno symptoms show up wouldn’t it be lil late to reverse it by then? Damn. If only i knew whether I’m prone to gyno or not

@oniongod
There are studies showing tamoxifen reducing gyno up to a year after onset (less effective after 12 months).

@aaronca
What were you feeling that made you quit? I have a hard time stopping.

Both cycles I have run, my gains slowed in weeks 9 and 10, and I can’t really explain it other than my body and mind felt “ready” to be done. I gained over 20lbs both cycles. My sleep is slightly worse on cycle, I snore like a pig, I get more winded just going up the stairs, let alone chasing my 3 year old and 1 year old around the house.
I guess factoring in slowed progress, bring relatively satisfied with what I gained, and some of the minor discomforts, I just felt good about ending.
I’ve also been lucky enough to have my natural levels bounce back rather quickly and right now my test is higher than its ever been naturally. So partly scared to mess with something that’s worked.

I do plan to run 12wks this next one. Hoping the anavar in weeks 8-14 really help keeping me feeling great and pushing hard.

Sounds like a good reason to me