Gyms In Westchester, NY

I’m considering attending a school in Valhalla NY but the gym on campus is horrendous. I was hoping someone familiar with the area could recommend a gym with some testosterone to it within reasonable distance of Valhalla. Thanks.

Check out:

Powerhouse Gym - Yonkers, NY
750 Central Park Avenue
Yonkers, NY, 10704

Not much of a drive from Valhalla. Just out of curiosity, which school?

According to Google maps, it’s only 43 miles from South Side Gym in Stratford. I drive that distance for South Side four times a week; it’s completely worth it.

I’m from Westchester as well, but have yet to find a decent gym. I train at a NYSC, which actually isn’t so bad recently due to an Equinox opening up nearby.

Thank you all for the replies.

samdiesel: Powerhouse does look like my best option so far, I printed out the coupon for a free trial week so sometime in the near future when I go to revisit the school I will drop by for a lift. I am considering New York Medical College for med school, I was already accepted I just need to make a decision between that and another school.

EC: Southside is definitely the epitome of what I am looking for in a gym but I don?t know how realistic it would be for me to travel over 30-45 mins 3 or 4 days a week to lift (although it is awesome that you would do a search to find the distance) because of the course load I will be faced with. However if I do end up at this school you will definitely be seeing my face at South Side on occasion, at least a few times a month.

B-Mac13: Never been a fan of NYSC, can?t get myself to pay that much money when all I use are free weights. It is kind of upsetting that you haven?t found a decent gym in the area. I guess I was hoping there would be some underground / hole-in-the-wall type gyms, those are usually the best kind.

NYSC is real expensive, but I’m away at school and whenever I’m home I never have a problem lifting there. My pass always works for some reason, so I keep going. I just checked out the Powerhouse website, I think I’m gonna check it out. Not sure whether I’m going to go to Yonkers or the Bronx. If you end up going, let me know what you think.