Gyms in San Jose, CA

I tried the yellow pages and google search and haven’t found anything outside of the average commercial Gold’s or 24. I’m looking for a gym that I can do floor presses without someone wondering why I am not using the vacant bench. A place where I am more likely to see someone squatting rather than seated-one-arm-pink-dumbell-concentration curls with a belt on. Something more along the lines of a training center instead of a family gym…

Anyone know of any good gyms in the area?

Thanks

I work in San Jose but I don’t really know the area too well. I work out in Turlock (near Modesto) and then I commute to SJ to be at work at 7AM.

Are you a student at SJ State? I wonder if their rec center is worth two shits???

Wish I could help. If I find out anything I’ll let you know.

Thanks. Yeah I am at SJSU, but being that it is usually filled with… well I’m sure you can imagine- I’m seeking other options…

[quote]medog11 wrote:
Thanks. Yeah I am at SJSU, but being that it is usually filled with… well I’m sure you can imagine- I’m seeking other options…[/quote]

Yeah I hear that. I went to Cal Poly for 3 years and although they have a bad-ass rec center, the douchebaggery alone was enough to keep me away…I opted for a membership just down the street at a better gym.