Gyms in Fort Worth, Everyone Welcome

This isn’t off topic per se, but I didn’t know where to put it.

I’m graduating from college and landed a job in Fort Worth and will be moving there shortly. So, I no longer have access to my rec center and will be getting my first ever gym membership.

What do I need to know and are there any recommendations. Simply googling, I found YMCA, LA Fitness and 24 Hour Fitness are near my job. Are these good for a weight lifter? I want to be able to do cleans or deads without getting ejected.

All input is great, whether its commenting on chains or specific fort worth gyms.

If you want to do cleans and deads, you might be able to get away with it at 24hr Fitness, but I wouldn’t count on the cleans. Just get a phone book and look for the smaller listings. Visit them and see what their facilities look like.

Also, if you want a gym where pretty much anything goes and don’t mind driving about 20 minutes to get there, you can go to Ronnie Coleman’s gym, Metroflex, in Arlington just down I-20 (Cooper St.). It’s cheap, they’ve got all of the equipment you could ever use, and you can drop the weights. The owner, Brian, is a really nice guy, and the atmosphere there is GREAT for someone who wants to excel.