Gyms In Florida????

Guys heres the deal. I am moving to Lakeland Florida and I was wondering if anyone would happen to know of some kick a** gyms there? I’ll be there in about a month. The only experience that I have with gyms is the local YMCA lol. So I am sure anything will do, I was hoping someone would have some good recommendations. thx

I seem to remember driving by a Golds gym when I was there about 5 years ago. It was on the main road that runs through there, can’t remember the name. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Here the address, I do not know if it is current.

Golds Gym 3625 S. Florida Ave. Lakeland, FL 33803-4864 Phone: (863) 646-3036

You can search for gyms on the various gym chain’s websites: www.goldsgym.com or www.powerhouse.com (or www.powerhousegym.com), for example. Another good resource: www.qwestdex.com or any online yellowpages. On www.yahoo.com you can use their map option, and then do a “nearby businesses” search. The choices for “nearby businesses” include health clubs/gyms.

I hope this helps. Patricia

Perhaps you didn’t see my reply or just ignored it but I answered the first time you asked. I’ll repost it for you:

“I don’t know if you’re against the whole corporate gym thing, but I know for sure there’s a Gold’s Gym right on South Florida (if you’re not familiar with the Lakeland area yet, it’s pretty much the main strip of the city where all the major restaurants and shops are). There’s a Books-A-Million right next to it for location reference. I have family in Lakeland and have been in there before when I was visiting from out-of-town. From my experience Lakeland isn’t too bad, I’ve always enjoyed myself there. And, as you said, it’s only an hour or two from Tampa and Orlando, so if you ever get REALLY bored you can always hit one of those up on the weekends for the good nightlife. Hope this helps.”