T Nation

Gyms in Atlanta, Georgia?

I have a friend who is moving to Atlanta, Georgia. Is there any weight rooms in Atlanta where she can go to learn how to squat, deadlift and clean? Preferably a gym with a powerlifting and/or olympic lifting profile and competeing members. She do not wish to start compete in any of these sports, but she wants to learn the excercises. Her goal is to grow a strong body. She do not believe in “disco gyms”/health clubs or any of these tanned PT:s in tiny tank tops; she wants a serious gym with experienced lifters who are skille enough and willing to teach her the appropriate technique for this type of excercises.

Pretty sure that is where Coffe’s Gym is (Olympic lifting) and also North Georgia Barbell (powerlifting).

Thanks! Do you think that these gyms have lifters or coaches or some people who are willing to teach a true novice how to squat, even though she is not interested in joining the team?

Just have her video-tape herself, I’m sure she can get some great advice that way.

[quote]Achillevs wrote:
Thanks! Do you think that these gyms have lifters or coaches or some people who are willing to teach a true novice how to squat, even though she is not interested in joining the team? [/quote]

I’m sure she can get someone to help her out. Kara Bohigian trains at both and is super nice. You can get in touch with her over at ngbb.net, she can probably give you some info.

I have now tried to contact Kara Bohigian and the NGBB, but I recieve no reply. Does anyone here know how to get hold of the adresses to these gyms?

PM me for info on Coffee’s Gym.