Gyms in Arkansas

I am moving to Northwest Arkansas and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good powerlifting friendly gym in the area. Thanks in advance.

[quote]geoffsherman wrote:
I am moving to Northwest Arkansas and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good powerlifting friendly gym in the area. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

What town? Most gyms here are anti-powerlifting. But the mgrs at the local tennis facility let me go slightly ape in there (Summerhill, fayetteville NOT rogers). Almost all of the other larger facilities don’t even allow grunting, let alone dropping weights. There is also the 24hour gym, cant think of the name in fayetteville that is fairly lax. Give me some specifics and I will be able to help more.

I will be living in either Rogers or Bentonvill and working in Bentonville. I have been online and looked at a bunch of the gyms, but can’t tell what they have/don’t have and/or if there are any true powerlifting gyms in the area. Thanks so much for your help!

[quote]geoffsherman wrote:
I will be living in either Rogers or Bentonvill and working in Bentonville. I have been online and looked at a bunch of the gyms, but can’t tell what they have/don’t have and/or if there are any true powerlifting gyms in the area. Thanks so much for your help![/quote]

Bentonville/Rogers, not that I know of. There are two world gyms up there, but I dont know how “hard work” friendly they are. I have heard rumours that they are going to become a “grunt-free” zone, but have no proof. There is a Fuse gym and I know they are not powerlifter friendly (a guy I met at a meet works there and told me of the horrors). There is Summerhill(Rogers) that used to be very powerlifter friendly, but they have leased the building to an a-hole that put all of the free-weights in a back hall. I heard there are a couple of other smaller gyms, but I dont know anything about them. There are a few PLers that work for Wal-Mart that I know of, so they HAVE to have something up there because I never see them down south. Sorry that I can’t be more helpful. Once I can hook up with a few other PLer’s I met, maybe you could join us down south in fayettenam.

There is a good gym in fayetteville. I believe the name is Northwest Arkansas Fitness Center (don’t quote me on that). If you are head into fayeetteville from the springdale side, it is on the left side of the road at the bottom of the hill, before you reach The Outback restaurant.

I know the owner and he takes several of his memebers to powerlifting meets, specializes in special olympic lifting, but I do think his gym is very “hard work” friendly.