Gymnastics

Anyone on here have any experience in gymnastics; competitive or recreational?

when i was like 12-14… lol

actually i’ve been looking for a place with adult classes and i might just fork over the cash to pay for private lessons in 6 months or so.

yea i did it when i was younger too and just now got back into it. i’ve got a decent planche, can occasionally get a decent iron cross. solid front and rear levers kips and such.

[quote]casslerock wrote:
yea i did it when i was younger too and just now got back into it. i’ve got a decent planche, can occasionally get a decent iron cross. solid front and rear levers kips and such.
[/quote]

I’m interested in adult gymnastics as well. I’m still thinking I’m too heavy to get anywhere quickly, but I’ve checked into a Sokol place near me. I guess its some sort of club thats been around for a while, but I don’t know much about it. I called and they said they had an adult class once a week and it was like $50 a year. Makes me wonder if it’d be worth the effort or not.

Search the authors for Coach Christopher Sommer. He has posted at least 1 article on this site.

I started when I was about 3 or 4 and finished up my college eligibility in 2005. I’m 25 now and in grad school and still train about 6-8 times a week. Not looking to compete right now, but maybe in the future.

Gatti

[quote]casslerock wrote:
Anyone on here have any experience in gymnastics; competitive or recreational?[/quote]

I started taking classes earlier this year. The coaches are great, and the cost is reasonable. I’ve mainly done tumbling so far, but I’m interested in the parallel bars and rings as well.

same deal as y’all, finding adult classes is really difficult…i think its someething to do with wanting to find a place where lycra isnt compulsory.
In the meantime I’m using the Beastskills site Xen posted last month, still a good site