Gym Walls (Gym Complete!)

i think my gym’s shirts are similar. but they look ok.

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:
I do have a few friends who are professional painters (like, legit stuff - she does outdoor landscapes on walls, crazy gothic shit, whatever you want) and she is totally on board. She just isn’t a meathead, so she had no clue what a good idea would be. I definately do need to repaint the walls, though - even just a basecoat. I’m thinking white or offwhite.
[/quote]

Fuckin grab the bull by the horns and get your friend to paint this for you, stat.

BAM! You can thank me later.

How about “God Hates Fags” or “Fuck the Pope”

[quote]WormwoodTheory wrote:

And unless you’re an artist or drafter, whatever cool design you have in your head is going to look retarded once you paint it. That’s the truth.[/quote]

Listen to this. My buddy and I lived in a 1,500+sqft warehouse in our early twenties and he did this. He thought it would be a good idea to build dividing walls to give eachother privacy, and thought it would be a better idea to paint a giant sword weilding samurai on the first wall people saw when opening the front door.

It looked like a retarded, meth addicted 5 year old got ahold of a can of krylon and went to town. I moved in with this chick less than 2 weeks later. Moral of the story: DON’T BE GAY.

If i had my own space to build a gym, I’d personalize it. Get your creative friend to draw you a logo, pick a name and set up business, even if you are the only member. Then charge your friends to train at your gym. Or at least make them buy you hamburgers.

[quote]attydeb2005 wrote:
This is how boys play I guess. First of all, congrats on graduating. My son just graduated also. I don’t happen to look upon graduation as it only “means you’re teachable.” Living with your parents to save money in this effed up economy? Again, good for you. A home gym = awesome.

White or a very light color as the base is a great idea to make the room seem larger and bright. A friend who is an actual artist and will help is great. If it were me (admittedly I don’t have a penis), I’d pick one image, person or quote I find particularly inspiring when it comes to lifting and center it on the wall you’ll be facing when you’re lifting.

I bet you can look around the TNation site and/or use Google to find something? Okay, now the rest of the boys will be mean to you because it helps you become a man or something. Carry on. [/quote]

Thankfully the way I worked it out was if tuition is represented by X$, my total annual scholarship is 2X$. The rest gets kicked to me in the form of a stipend check per semester; a smart move on my end I thought.

And I’m going extra slow on the personalization - my primary goal is getting the gym functional, but anything I can do to make it not-boring as hell is my goal. Luckily, the area used to be a bedroom so there are already mirrors up for me. I have atleast two potential painting zones, I just need to decide what to do.

print out whatever you want to paint and just trace that shit.

we have big ass printers on campus you probably too.

make some kind of stencil is my best advice.

[quote]i work out wrote:
print out whatever you want to paint and just trace that shit.

we have big ass printers on campus you probably too.

make some kind of stencil is my best advice.

[/quote]

Either that or projection for a stencil is my goal, yeah.

[quote]dianab wrote:
If i had my own space to build a gym, I’d personalize it. Get your creative friend to draw you a logo, pick a name and set up business, even if you are the only member. Then charge your friends to train at your gym. Or at least make them buy you hamburgers.[/quote]

Hamburger entry fee wins!

My friend paid one of his friends to paint the wall. It was a combo of the thunder cats symbol, the rising sun imagery, and a jacked up smurf. I tried attaching a pic. Its cropped from another pic so its probably gonna be real hard to see but, maybe you get the idea

I like the kettlebells and swiss ball lol, but the rising sun thing is badass

I’d just buy the encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding and decorate with the pictures. No homo.

[quote]Voeoe wrote:
I’d just buy the encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding and decorate with the pictures. No homo.[/quote]

Actually one of my first purchases wayy back in the day lol… I think I’m going to dodge pictures of BBers from the homo standpoint, I mean I get it but others would be like “whys there an oiled dude in a thong on your wall”

[quote]CapnYousef wrote:

[quote]Voeoe wrote:
I’d just buy the encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding and decorate with the pictures. No homo.[/quote]

Actually one of my first purchases wayy back in the day lol… I think I’m going to dodge pictures of BBers from the homo standpoint, I mean I get it but others would be like “whys there an oiled dude in a thong on your wall”[/quote]

I’d put BB pics up, black and white, non-competition ones at that. Arnold in his Miami Hurricanes shorts or whatever. Those are the kind that would inspire me.

Here’s one familiar one.

No Homo. Well, maybe a little, if you try hard enough.

[quote]Nards wrote:
No Homo. Well, maybe a little, if you try hard enough.[/quote]
Franco’s look creeps the shit out of me.

They sell these giant sticker appliques that are reusable. I would paint the wall white and then try to find one that is a Hamburger and Milkshake. Put the Milkshake on first and then the Hamburger slightly overlapping it.

Kinda like this if you aren’t familiar with the giant stickers:

Of course you gotta find a company that sells a Hamburger design and a Milkshake design.

The benefit is design quality would be top notch and it would be removable or just moveable if you ever wanted to change its location or when you do eventually move out.

If you can’t find a Hamburger and Milkshake giant wall sticker, have your friend paint it on and you’ll just lose the benefit of being able to change it. Would still look awesome.

[quote]Enders Drift wrote:
They sell these giant sticker appliques that are reusable. I would paint the wall white and then try to find one that is a Hamburger and Milkshake. Put the Milkshake on first and then the Hamburger slightly overlapping it.

Kinda like this if you aren’t familiar with the giant stickers:

Of course you gotta find a company that sells a Hamburger design and a Milkshake design.

The benefit is design quality would be top notch and it would be removable or just moveable if you ever wanted to change its location or when you do eventually move out.

If you can’t find a Hamburger and Milkshake giant wall sticker, have your friend paint it on and you’ll just lose the benefit of being able to change it. Would still look awesome.[/quote]

I say just go with the example in the link Ender’s Drift just provided.

Put that on your wall and you’ll be incredibly motivated. To do what, I don’t know.

Paint it white and put motivational one liners around the room…