Gym Turned Into Soccer Mom Haven

[quote]GetSwoleToday wrote:
First week I was a member at this gym when it was a bodybuilding gym, I got asked if I wanted steroids. Right out in the open among other people. No one blinked an eye or even made a big deal out of it.

Why are gyms in general trying to alienate the bodybuilder? This is not the only gym that has done this. It seems like all gyms are wanting to be known as fitness centers. Its frustrating to be honest with you. Why would I want to go to a gym where they do this to people?[/quote]

Well you defected to another gym before the changes.

After joining this place when it was a real gym, I also joined a couple more gyms and stopped going to this place. Then the other day I was curious to look at its Facebook page and see how it was doing. Well then I discover they list themselves as a fucking Fitness center and tanning salon lol. Then on top of that, all the pictures on their fucking facebook page are of women 40 and above doing calesthenics and fucking step classes haha. I said to myself “Holy fuck , thank god I stopped going there.”

Then I sat back and said “Why the need to start alienating the bodybuilder” Not one picture of a man pumping Iron. Not even of a woman pumping Iron. Just doing cardio shit. That’s all they talk about on their facebook page.

No mention at all about trainers helping people get swole. Not one. All they are doing is talking about how to burn fat, and lose weight. It reminds of me Planet Fitness. They even posted a picture of a fucking sign that says “Lunks are not allowed.”

Its really depressing.

Who the fuck cares about that shit when you are pumping Iron? They just get in the fucking way talking amongst eachother. Fuck that shit. If I want to look at hot ass, I’ll go to a strip club.[/quote]
lol

I can pretty much guarantee this is why your gym changed.

Dont take it personal just move on or get a home gym.

After joining this place when it was a real gym, I also joined a couple more gyms and stopped going to this place. Then the other day I was curious to look at its Facebook page and see how it was doing. Well then I discover they list themselves as a fucking Fitness center and tanning salon lol. Then on top of that, all the pictures on their fucking facebook page are of women 40 and above doing calesthenics and fucking step classes haha. I said to myself “Holy fuck , thank god I stopped going there.”

Then I sat back and said “Why the need to start alienating the bodybuilder” Not one picture of a man pumping Iron. Not even of a woman pumping Iron. Just doing cardio shit. That’s all they talk about on their facebook page.

No mention at all about trainers helping people get swole. Not one. All they are doing is talking about how to burn fat, and lose weight. It reminds of me Planet Fitness. They even posted a picture of a fucking sign that says “Lunks are not allowed.”

Its really depressing.[/quote]

I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine the pain of knowing a gym I no longer go to changing. Life sucks. Fuck it all man, fuck it all.

Way of the world.

I’m laughing at the idea of Facebook stalking your ex-gym.

Maybe they think women who don’t work out would be the demographic surfing their FB page and are hoping to get an initial fee and one or two months’ dues out of them before they give up and go back to just reading about gyms online.

Could be they didn’t realize real men are getting swole that way, too.

No that has nothing to do with it.

Fuck them and their fuckin yoga shit.

Wait, you’re mad 'cause a gym you don’t even go to anymore no longer caters to your idea of the ideal gym? Did you just make all this up in an attempt to convince the T-masses that you’re a hardcore lifter and you won’t stand for imaginary perceived slights at the hands of some spin class instructor?

No that has nothing to do with it.

Fuck them and their fuckin yoga shit.[/quote]
https://www.google.com/search?q=girls+in+yoga+pants&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=667&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=oZXbVMiEG83YoASx6YKAAw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Yea fuck’em each and every one…

Guys, Im indirectly bringing up an example of how gyms seem to be changing into fitness centers and catering to people who do not live the lifestyle that all of us do on this forum.

I can understand that its nice for people to have a place to go that is more geared towards cardio bunnies who also find it just as important to have tanning available.

But when 95 percent of places seem to be this way, that’s when there is a problem. When did it become a bad thing to promote bodybuilding and cater to that demographic? Why do so many gyms seem to have a problem with that? They don’t even like calling themselves a gym. They now refer to themselves as fitness centers. What the fuck?

Are you familiar with the basic principles of supply and demand?

[quote]ActivitiesGuy wrote:
Are you familiar with the basic principles of supply and demand?[/quote]

Also, the concept of profit?

Gym didn’t sound that great to begin with.

Guys, Im indirectly bringing up an example of how gyms seem to be changing into fitness centers and catering to people who do not live the lifestyle that all of us do on this forum.

I can understand that its nice for people to have a place to go that is more geared towards cardio bunnies who also find it just as important to have tanning available.

But when 95 percent of places seem to be this way, that’s when there is a problem. When did it become a bad thing to promote bodybuilding and cater to that demographic? Why do so many gyms seem to have a problem with that? They don’t even like calling themselves a gym. They now refer to themselves as fitness centers. What the fuck?[/quote]

I am curious. How you are indirectly doing this? It seems pretty direct here.

Guys, Im indirectly bringing up an example of how gyms seem to be changing into fitness centers and catering to people who do not live the lifestyle that all of us do on this forum. [/quote]

No, you aren’t.

Is it common to be a member of several gyms at the same time? That seems like a waste of money unless you can really get something unique from each of them.

You’re so hardcore, bro. #swole

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

Also, the concept of profit?[/quote]

You can make good money as a gym catering to Bodybuilding. Its proven fact. Golds did it for years.

Am I the only person who LIKES gyms full of hot to trot soccer moms?

I just don’t see what the problem is here.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

Also, the concept of profit?[/quote]

You can make good money as a gym catering to Bodybuilding. Its proven fact. Golds did it for years.[/quote]

Wow you’re smart brah! I’m so hardcore I don’t even know what profit is! Does that make me more hardcore than you? Whatever fuck it my head hurts keep getting that pump brah see ya in the gym!