Gym Rant for Tonight?

[quote]aikigreg wrote:
what’s funny to me is that it’s the big guys who are always the jerks at my gym. Mr. Bench for example. Mr. Bench is awesome - benches 225 for reps to what MUSt be total failure, since he can’t seem to remove that last set of plates. The ladies who want to bench 65 or the old man struggling to get 95 just love it when Mr. Bench leaves those last two plates on for them to remove.

Then there are the two “bodybuilders” who come in every day and load up the leg press to the fullest every day for some awesome 1/4 reps, but wouldn’t know how to spell deadlift, much less crank them out.

Of course that last is sour grapes cause these guys still have better legs than me. Bastards.

[/quote]

LOL, at least you’re honest with yourself about it.

[quote]biglift88 wrote:
treco wrote:
If they can’t do 135, they should do pushups or use DBs until they work up to it. ;>

[/quote]

Yeah, you’re right, I was thinking about it today, and who am I to make judgements about people? I feel that I’m always biting my lip when people are clearly not doing exercises right or other things like that, but I am in no position to critique anyone.

What difference does it make how much someone can lift? If he was 300lbs and was benching 500 would that make it OK for him to be an asshole? Your right about the kid being a jerk and approaching you with an attitude but we all start somewhere. I used to barely be able to bench 135 when I started. I just do not like when people sh!t on others because their lifts are lower, I know some people who don’t go to the gym for this very reason.

Did you do some dips in the power rack after you were done curling on the bench?