Gym Jones

Any one ever done any of there stuff.

Awesome dudes…look @ Dan John’s stuff. Crazy, but good.

The Crossfit cult hates this guy. They swear he bit off their exercise methodology. I think they’re just hating on the guy because he got to train the actors in the movie 300 and they didn’t.

Mark Twight basically says that he did on his site. Doesnt seem to be denying it. The Gym Jones stuff seems a bit harder and has quite a bit more conditioning work in it from what I have seen, or maybe its just the effect the black and white pictures have. But I will tell you one thing. They have a hell of a gym to train at there in Utah.

Is this gym in the middle of a jungle in Guyana? And do they make you drink poison-laced kool-aid?

[quote]entheogens wrote:
Is this gym in the middle of a jungle in Guyana? And do they make you drink poison-laced kool-aid?[/quote]

Very very cold blooded…
The two seem very similar, but so do a lot of power lifting and strongman training. Since I use both, does that mean I am ripping off Simmons or Tate? Or Jesse Marunde?

Will42

i remember the thread over there about the gym jones movie. pretty funny stuff. mark basically gave xfit a brief mention in some of the promo material for the movie but some people got all up in arms because they felt he didn’t give them enough credit. crossfitters are decent folks overall, they just get a little too over protective of their methods. if they had it their way, we would all have to pay them royalities everytime we did a push press, muscle up or overhead squat…because of course they invented those exercise.

[quote]robo1 wrote:
i remember the thread over there about the gym jones movie. pretty funny stuff. mark basically gave xfit a brief mention in some of the promo material for the movie but some people got all up in arms because they felt he didn’t give them enough credit. crossfitters are decent folks overall, they just get a little too over protective of their methods. if they had it their way, we would all have to pay them royalities everytime we did a push press, muscle up or overhead squat…because of course they invented those exercise.[/quote]

I live in Nashville and it has always suprised me how well you can live just being a song writer. Granted it is hard to get your songs picked up by major artists but even so, every time they play your song anywhere you make money off it, or at least that is how it is supposed to work.

I could invent an exercise program and someone else could turn around and make millions off an infomercial and I couldnt do a damn thing.

[quote]Shadowzz4 wrote:
robo1 wrote:
i remember the thread over there about the gym jones movie. pretty funny stuff. mark basically gave xfit a brief mention in some of the promo material for the movie but some people got all up in arms because they felt he didn’t give them enough credit. crossfitters are decent folks overall, they just get a little too over protective of their methods. if they had it their way, we would all have to pay them royalities everytime we did a push press, muscle up or overhead squat…because of course they invented those exercise.

I live in Nashville and it has always suprised me how well you can live just being a song writer. Granted it is hard to get your songs picked up by major artists but even so, every time they play your song anywhere you make money off it, or at least that is how it is supposed to work.

I could invent an exercise program and someone else could turn around and make millions off an infomercial and I couldnt do a damn thing.

[/quote]

it depends. billy blanks found a way to do it. trademark the name and then promote the hell out of it before anyone else can steal it. or just create a name for yourself and sell it as something ``new.‘’ look at john basedow.

everyone likes to make fun of him but i bet basedow is laughing all the way to the bank. and all he did was take the same old exercises like sit ups and crunches and repackaged it as something ``new.‘’ most exercise programs aren’t all that unique. a lot of the same basic exercises with a couple new twists added in. kind of hard to patent or trademark that.

crossfit seems to be trying it hardest to do just that but its a tricky road when anyone with a an intermediate or higher knowlegede of training could create a similar program. truth is you could start up a chain of gyms called crosssport that basically follows the same principles as crossfit and i doubt they could do much about it other than sue you to change the name.

Check out www.athleticperformanceinc.biz
These guys are doing some of the same stuff…just in different package…we are all doing the same stuff…all the same exercises…it is how we put it all together…how many people are doing “Arnold’s bicep program” or “Platz’s leg program”…all the same exercises…just different packaging…
like danew said: look @ Dan John’s stuff…seriosly, check out www.athleticperformanceinc.biz…sick bastards

Yeah, just went to the athleticperformanceinc.biz site. Under the caveman section they show the tires for flipping. The heaviest displayed is only 250#. What kind of pussy would be proud of flipping a 250# tire?

Has anyone heard of crossover from crossfit/gym jones style training into conventional NA sports (football, basketball, baseball, hockey (no NASCAR))?

Try flipping it 50 times…

there was footage on espn.com last year of an nfl player in offseason training doing a lot of strongman type of training: tire flips, farmers walks, overhead presses, sled dragging etc. i would assume some variation of this is probably pretty common in the nfl.