Gym Irony

This is similar to Squat Rack Curls but it won’t be about stupid people. Well, it will be, in a way: post stupid and ironic things that happened to you.

• One time I had just finished putting on the dip belt after fiddling with the damn chain for a minute, grabbed the pull up bar and, as I pulled up for the first rep, Rihanna’s S&M on the PA reaches its chorus… “chains excite me”. I nearly fell off the bar because I was laughing so hard.

• Missed Bench attempt, no spotter. I manage to rack the left side, the right one falls down - and puts my neck in a triangle choke between the bench, the rack and the bar. Smooth.

• I miss the last rep of an OH press set and decide to cheat it up with a bit of leg drive… And hit my mouth and nose on the way up. All I could think was “You soo deserved this”.

Ironic

• I was trying to beat my PR on Bench Press and my spotter starts telling a joke just after I started lowering the weight for the first time (not a great move for motivating the lifter). The minute he mentioned “…a tongue going up Madonna’s anus” I needed the bar taken off me.

• Just dumped a girl on a Friday night and was not completely sure I had done the right thing. I headed into work the next day and switched on the radio. What comes out ‘Richie frigging Marx - Right Here Waiting For You’. Changed channel and the same song appears 2 more times. I decide to split and head to the gym. Walk in the door expecting rock and the sound of clanging weights and…that song appears again just as I am walking in!

(I turned round, went back home and worked the heavy bag in my garage instead). Must be the worst music I have ever heard played in a gym and it was a seriously hardcore gym too (old chicken shed run by a powerlifter - toilet was a bush, no heating ever, floor was one big puddle when it rained).

All weightlifting is irony.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
All weightlifting is irony.[/quote]

Hah. Nice pun.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
All weightlifting is irony.[/quote]

That’s the whey it goes for me.

Irony?

I’ve not seen one bit of irony in here yet.

I was driving from Chicago to Minnesota one night, trying to make it home through some shitty weather, to see my wife. It was two in the morning. I was barreling down a country road in southern Minnesota, and sortof swearing at these huge clouds of fog that I would go in and out of. I ran right into a super thick patch of fog, and almost had to slam on my brakes, just because I couldnt see 20 feet in front of my car. I have never seen fog that thick.

At that moment, “Slow Ride” by Foghat came on the radio. I laughed at myself, said a few words to God, and relaxed for the rest of the drive home.

I truly believe some of those ironies are God’s way of communicating to us. Things like this are to perfect not to have meaning somehow. I really appreciate them when they happen, even if it has shitty results.

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
Irony?

I’ve not seen one bit of irony in here yet.[/quote]

Here neither…

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Irony?

Here neither…

[/quote]

Although it is the ultimate irony that her song about irony had nothing to do with irony… irony.

[quote]schanz_05 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Irony?

Here neither…

[/quote]

Although it is the ultimate irony that her song about irony had nothing to do with irony… irony.[/quote]
http://thegigity.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Hip-Hop-Beats-MindBlown-640x350.png