Gym in SE London?

Just moved from Birmingham to Lewisham, SE London and left my beloved Ironworks behind. Any recommendations for a decent gym? I work at Charing Cross so need somewhere near work, home or in between.

I tried ‘TheGym’, took one look at their one combined squat-rack bench and walked out.
There’s a Pure Gym at Deptford Bridge and a Budget Gym in Lewisham, gonna check them out this weekend, and saw Beefs and Babes in Greenwich but that’s not ideal as I have to get the train from Lewisham, so Greenwich is a bit out the way.

Any one know of any gems? Seems all the decent gyms are all North of the River.

muscleworks bethnal green

metro flex (think thats the name) where simeon panda trains is in SE london i think

some fitness firsts might be ok

gymbox are all good but expensive

look in the magazine the beef

sold in whsmith

pretty sure has listings of gyms at the back of not phone them and ask they will def know

[quote]jakehyslop wrote:
Just moved from Birmingham to Lewisham, SE London and left my beloved Ironworks behind. Any recommendations for a decent gym? I work at Charing Cross so need somewhere near work, home or in between.

I tried ‘TheGym’, took one look at their one combined squat-rack bench and walked out.
There’s a Pure Gym at Deptford Bridge and a Budget Gym in Lewisham, gonna check them out this weekend, and saw Beefs and Babes in Greenwich but that’s not ideal as I have to get the train from Lewisham, so Greenwich is a bit out the way.

Any one know of any gems? Seems all the decent gyms are all North of the River.[/quote]

Reebok Gym in Canary Wharf. 9 Squat Racks… says enough huh :slight_smile:

Jubilee line runs through Westminster to the Wharf. I can get you a trial, but honestly, there’s no gym like it in the UK.

http://reebokclub.co.uk/

(give me the sign up bonus, 50 gbp gift bonus!)