T Nation

Gym in Manhattan/Wall Street Area?

Anyone from NY know of a good gym in Manhattan/Wall Street area?

Trying to find some temporary memberships or something as I will be traveling to NY a few times this year, spread throughout the year and don't want to get price gouged.

[quote]ZJStrope wrote:

Trying to find some temporary memberships or something as I will be traveling to NY a few times this year, spread throughout the year and don’t want to get price gouged.

[/quote]

Not sure if this helps, I just remember reading it.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]ZJStrope wrote:

Trying to find some temporary memberships or something as I will be traveling to NY a few times this year, spread throughout the year and don’t want to get price gouged.

[/quote]

Looking into it! Thanks my man :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh, not accepting drop ins at the moment b/c “it’s to difficult.” Bummer.

[quote]ZJStrope wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]ZJStrope wrote:

[/quote]

Looking into it! Thanks my man :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh, not accepting drop ins at the moment b/c “it’s to difficult.” Bummer.[/quote]

Oh, sorry…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Oh, sorry…[/quote]

No need. I appreciate the effort :slight_smile:

Not sure if you’re a follower but FB John Romanello(sp?) he’s NY based and I’m sure he’d have a better idea for you

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
Not sure if you’re a follower but FB John Romanello(sp?) he’s NY based and I’m sure he’d have a better idea for you[/quote]

Thanks!

What does FB stand for?

Facebook

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
Facebook[/quote]

Gotcha. Thanks again.

Check out Complete Body. They have locations in Chelsea (on 19th street, where I go) but they also have a location in the Financial District.

The 19th street spot is really good. I’m pretty certain the FiDi spot is decent too.

[quote]Bryan Krahn wrote:
Check out Complete Body. They have locations in Chelsea (on 19th street, where I go) but they also have a location in the Financial District.

The 19th street spot is really good. I’m pretty certain the FiDi spot is decent too. [/quote]

Thanks Bryan. Any idea if they’d be willing to work with me as far as payment?

I’ve traveled all over the world and usually have good success with gyms being fair with me, but this is Manhattan, so I’m expecting the worst.

[quote]ZJStrope wrote:

[quote]Bryan Krahn wrote:

The 19th street spot is really good. I’m pretty certain the FiDi spot is decent too. [/quote]

Thanks Bryan. Any idea if they’d be willing to work with me as far as payment?

I’ve traveled all over the world and usually have good success with gyms being fair with me, but this is Manhattan, so I’m expecting the worst.[/quote]

Manhattan has the worst gyms in the US unless you belly up and pay big dough.

I would think that Complete would be accommodating to out of towners – after all, it is lower Manhattan and the business capital of the world.

Would it be cheap though? Highly doubt it, but you never know.

Global strongman gym is awesome, near times square.

Thanks again guys! Time to start doing some calling.

Anyone who is going to Manhattan, I found a good gym and also a couple of good grocery stores and a grocery delivery place.

Tribeca Health & Fitness (tribecagym.com/)
$20 daily membership or $50 weekly. I didn’t ask about bi-weekly, so I’ll ask when I’m there. I’d expect maybe another $10 off if I’m lucky

Gourmet Garage (gourmetgarage.com/)
Looks like a whole foods type place. I’m only given $75/day in the US, which is good pretty much everywhere EXCEPT New York, so I need to make my money stretch.

Max Delivery (maxdelivery.com/nkz/exec/...ategoryId=1947)

Says they delivery groceries within one hour. Could be useful for me, I just need to learn my setup. Hopefully my hotel can give me a fridge!

$20 bucks a day, fuck me…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
$20 bucks a day, fuck me…[/quote]

Yeah, I’m not surprised being Manhattan.

[quote]ZJStrope wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Yeah, I’m not surprised being Manhattan.[/quote]

Ya, I know. It always hits me though when I hear about the cost of things in NY.

Speaking of NY though, I was up there like 2 months ago and had the absolute best French Onion soup I’ve ever had in my life at The Irish American Pub. It was near the 9/11 memorial, but I can’t remember the street.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]ZJStrope wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Ya, I know. It always hits me though when I hear about the cost of things in NY.

Speaking of NY though, I was up there like 2 months ago and had the absolute best French Onion soup I’ve ever had in my life at The Irish American Pub. It was near the 9/11 memorial, but I can’t remember the street. [/quote]

Irish American is on John Street. I have a few friends who go to the old Goldman Sachs private gym by Hanover Square. When GS moved the gym opened to the public. I want to say it’s called Complete something or other. I hear that is good and pretty reasonable. Equinox on Wall is great but I think they are $50 for a single day pass. I doubt you will find anything less then $20.

[quote]DB297 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]ZJStrope wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Speaking of NY though, I was up there like 2 months ago and had the absolute best French Onion soup I’ve ever had in my life at The Irish American Pub. It was near the 9/11 memorial, but I can’t remember the street. [/quote]

Irish American is on John Street. I have a few friends who go to the old Goldman Sachs private gym by Hanover Square. When GS moved the gym opened to the public. I want to say it’s called Complete something or other. I hear that is good and pretty reasonable. Equinox on Wall is great but I think they are $50 for a single day pass. I doubt you will find anything less then $20.
[/quote]

I used my powerful words of persuasion and got on the guest list at Equinox (near Tribeca) for FREE. lol. Surprisingly, I’ve been pretty lucky at this in the US, but I was very surprised in Manhattan.

I told the guy when I come back to let me pay, but he said just to e-mail him when I’m in town and he’ll put me back on the list.

Some good peepz around still :slight_smile: