T Nation

Gym Got Rid of Power Rack. Update!

[quote]jaybvee wrote:

I kind of hope the ASE certified personal trainers that lobbied for this thing look on in horror as I demolish this piece of shit. I hope they cry. Their tears will be post workout drink.

Mixed with Surge, of course.

I wonder if the sales guy that sold this to your gym is laughing all the way to the bank.

Just make sure to step clear when you drop the 500lb rack pull onto the contraption :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

That’s what I’m thinking, I’m actually going to do it without straps since one support will probably snap first, causing the whole thing to dump to one side.

pls video, will be epic.
hows ur squat by the way?

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
pls video, will be epic.
hows ur squat by the way?[/quote]

I’m box squatting my ass off (literally) twice per week lately. I’m returning to standard squats this coming week, or the week after. I really feel like I’ve got the hang of the form I should have, and my knees don’t feel wobbly anymore. Thanks for asking!

i don’t know how confortable you are to do this or your space contraints, but squat racks aren’t terribably expensive to by for your home.

newyorkbarbell sells them for as low as $350. …if things get really bad…you’d have to pick up some plates as well…i guess it all depends on how desperate things become.

i hear you though, i relocated to the UK for five months to a place were the only gym was the same, smith machine city. HORRIBLE. broke my heart.

My SCHOOL has 8 power racks and 8 platforms.

HAHA!

ACE, not ASE, they’re not mechanics

[quote]ukrainian wrote:

HAHA![/quote]

Well soon my gym will have 2 smiths and a power rack that they have to bring out of storage. I may buy the usb cable for my cell phone just to export the video of the destruction off the phone and onto my computer

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
ukrainian wrote:

HAHA!

Well soon my gym will have 2 smiths and a power rack that they have to bring out of storage. I may buy the usb cable for my cell phone just to export the video of the destruction off the phone and onto my computer[/quote]

I would actually like to see that.

The only problem I have with my school is most high schoolers are dumbasses when it comes to gym manners.

[quote]Higgins wrote:
My gym has 6 power racks and 5 squat racks.

And no, I’m not going to share.[/quote]

RPAC?

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
JLu wrote:
What can a power rack be used for that a squat rack can’t?

Rack pulls, rack lockouts, some band work?[/quote]

Let’s not forget isometric holds! :smiley: