Gym Fouls

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
whatever dude, if a chick walks into the weight room aka the arena of blood then its all fair game baby wooooooooooooooo[/quote]

I hate you.

People who stare at my boner in the gym when I am wearing my spandex pants. It’s my boner to marvel at, not yours.

People using DB’s heavier than they can handle then dropping them all over the place.

People that actually read while doing their set, it’s usually the inner outer thigh thingie, leg extensions.

People that can have a normal conversation about their grandchildren while doing a set, if you can talk normally, you aint doing squat. Do me a favor and go home.

People who do calf raises with about ten lbs of weight. I want to ask them, can you stand on youtr toes? Does your ass weigh more than 10 lbs? So what do you think your accomplishing?

[quote]greystoke wrote:
People who do calf raises with about ten lbs of weight. I want to ask them, can you stand on youtr toes? Does your ass weigh more than 10 lbs? So what do you think your accomplishing?[/quote]

On one foot or two?

That would be really pathetic on two.

I hated the fact that the seated calf press machine thingy at my old gym only went to 275lbs. I mean wtf, come on.

That’s more a foul on the gyms part I guess.

-Being ignorant about safety.

I’ve seen some stupid shit over the course of this last year. From a guy who tried to “help me” with a shoulder press by coming up, unasked, behind me and grabbing one side and lifting it up, to some dude who put way more weight then he could possibly handle on a preacher curl bar, then cleaning off one side so that the bar shot up, almost hitting him in the face and almost flying into the guy next to him.

Christ, one morning there was only 2 people in the weight area, me and another guy. I’m in the far corner of a big room doing complexes. At one point I’m laying down doing leg lifts when the other guy comes over, stands above me, and starts looking for a 25-plate or something. He wasn’t paying attention and had the damn 25 dangling over my head. When I stopped and scolded him, he obviously hadn’t even thought he had done anything wrong.

-(as mentioned) talking to you when you’re lifting. “how many more sets you got?”

-Personal trainers who don’t know what they’re doing “training” around me. “Can we work in for one set?” “Not until you learn what you’re doing and teach your trainee the right way to do it.”

-Not being aware of your surroundings and getting in the way. Why does this always seem to happen when doing db benches?

-Shouting when throwing down too-heavy-to-handle DBs. “Excuse me, why don’t you drop the weight to something you can handle so you can do the exercise correctly and don’t have to act like that?” Grunting/shouting when doing a heavy set, acceptable. Shouting after you finish and throwing the weights around, foolish. Plus I don’t want you to mess up the DBs.

I could care less about what dumbass exercises people do, how how horrible their technique is, it’s when then get in my way that I get annoyed.

People are always going to do goofy things at the gym and people are always gonna wanna complain about it. There are like ten threads like this no the various forums here.

BUT HELL I MIGHT AS WELL GIVE IT A GO.

There is this guy that walks around with a wife beater with his arms flared out like he is huuuuuge. As you’ve probably guessed, he is not. Normally I try to avoid paying these fools any attention but this guy…

…he walks up to the lat pulldown machine, loads up every single stacked weight on the doohickiewhateveryoucallit stack of pinned weight. Then proceeds to yell and scream and jump up and down for a few seconds to make sure evveerrryyyonneee is looking. Then he sits down, swings his entire torso back and fourth a few times, then uses all that momentm to swoosh the thing back and fourth for 2 reps like hes maxing out on the damn lat pulldown machine. Gets up, makes sure arms are again flared out, then walks away.

lol?

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
-Shouting when throwing down too-heavy-to-handle DBs. “Excuse me, why don’t you drop the weight to something you can handle so you can do the exercise correctly and don’t have to act like that?” Grunting/shouting when doing a heavy set, acceptable. Shouting after you finish and throwing the weights around, foolish. Plus I don’t want you to mess up the DBs.
[/quote]

I disagree about not throwing the dumbbells. There are times when it really is damn heavy and the most logical thing to do is just dump it instead of trying sit up with two 100lb bells on your chest.

[quote]mthomps wrote:
People are always going to do goofy things at the gym and people are always gonna wanna complain about it. There are like ten threads like this no the various forums here.

There is this guy that walks around with a wife beater with his arms flared out like he is huuuuuge. As you’ve probably guessed, he is not. Normally I try to avoid paying these fools any attention but this guy…

…he walks up to the lat pulldown machine, loads up every single stacked weight on the doohickiewhateveryoucallit stack of pinned weight. Then proceeds to yell and scream and jump up and down for a few seconds to make sure evveerrryyyonneee is looking. Then he sits down, swings his entire torso back and fourth a few times, then uses all that momentm to swoosh the thing back and fourth for 2 reps like hes maxing out on the damn lat pulldown machine. Gets up, makes sure arms are again flared out, then walks away.

lol?
[/quote]

I LOVE THESE GUYS!!! lol

I constantly use these types of guys as proof that most people do want to be considerably large, but just don’t have the will-power, drive, wtfever to get there. Anywhere you go out in public you will see skrawny ass guys walking like their lats are the size of arnold’s and they can’t put their arms down. These same guys claim they don’t want to be “too big”, lol

Unwelcome help.

Have you ever been grinding out the last few reps on a set of pull ups when all of a sudden something dosen’t feel right?

“Gee, whatever that guy is doing looks hard. I’ll just gently place my hands on his hips and help him ease out the last few.”

Anyone gay enough to do this in future will be rewarded by being fucked up the ass with a barbell.

[quote]josh86 wrote:
mthomps wrote:

lol?

I LOVE THESE GUYS!!! lol

I constantly use these types of guys as proof that most people do want to be considerably large, but just don’t have the will-power, drive, wtfever to get there. Anywhere you go out in public you will see skrawny ass guys walking like their lats are the size of arnold’s and they can’t put their arms down. These same guys claim they don’t want to be “too big”, lol[/quote]

I see that alot. It’s like the guys that are big are really humble about it and the guys that are small are trying to compensate by trying to flex when they walk. I see guys that do more flexing and walking than actually working out. Nothing wrong with it but if that’s all you’re doing at the gym, you’re wasting your time.

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:
Unwelcome help.

Have you ever been grinding out the last few reps on a set of pull ups when all of a sudden something dosen’t feel right?

“Gee, whatever that guy is doing looks hard. I’ll just gently place my hands on his hips and help him ease out the last few.”

Anyone gay enough to do this in future will be rewarded by being fucked up the ass with a barbell.[/quote]

If anyone would ever do that to me I would just about scream and rip his head off.

• my track coach that made a lift program that the whole team was supposed to use. a track team consists of sprinters, jumpers, throwers, and distance runners

-i saw one scrawny shirtless dude walk in and hop on the lat pulldown machine and proceed to do one set in which pulled the bar completely down to touch his legs, then leave

-our football coach had us doing box squats that came up above our knees so we were moving about 6 inches… then some folks took a bumper plate and sat it on top for good measure.

-several dudes on my football team claim the only reason i bench more than them is because they’re taller than me and have longer arms.

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:
Unwelcome help.

Anyone gay enough to do this in future will be rewarded by being fucked up the ass with a barbell.[/quote]

It stuns me that someone would do that. I can’t even conceive of anyone in my gym doing something that gay. It’s one thing if it looks like you will be pinned under a bar on the bench but that is another thing altogether. Do you have a really nice ass or something?

edit: This has never happened to me. Now I’m kind of offended. Not really but you must have a nicer backside. I"m one of the few people that do pullups. People just stare like they finally know what the bar is for.

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:
Unwelcome help.

Anyone gay enough to do this in future will be rewarded by being fucked up the ass with a barbell.
[/quote]

This has actually happened to me too, I can’t imagine a guy doing it to another guy. What did you say to him?

Idiots who use the deadlift platform for crunches, their personal storage area, or curls with the proverbial 2.5# pink DBs.

Bastards who interrupt me while in the squat rack 'cause they want to shrug a mighty 135#.

Wankers who stand too close to me.

Bone-dry weekend warriors with shitty physiques moving an insignificant amount of weight for 238,082,982 reps who stare at me 'cause I make noise while hitting my 1RM squat/dead.

Smiley, chatty chucks who think the gym is some kind of fucking social club.

I had one of the gym employees approach me this week to tell me that I am up for renewing my membership. I asked him when it expired, he told me in 6 months. FAIL !