T Nation

Gym Closure Predicament.

My gym is closed on Monday for labor day. I would be starting week two of the Waterbury Summer Project. Should I just take the two consecutive days off or should I try to do some push ups body weight squats and some sit ups in circuit fashion?

Do what works with your schedule. Train on Sunday instead of Monday. Or take the two days off and start Tuesday.

Consistency over the long term will determine your overall success. Don’t sweat the small stuff.

Are there other gyms in your town that are open?

[quote]APLASTICSPOON wrote:
My gym is closed on Monday for labor day. I would be starting week two of the Waterbury Summer Project. Should I just take the two consecutive days off or should I try to do some push ups body weight squats and some sit ups in circuit fashion?[/quote]

Have a friend? Have them sit on your shoulders to do squats and lunges, on your back to do pushups. Just don’t try and curl them.

Well I’m in a tiny college town so I can’t go to another gym. I have a girlfriend I may try that one lol.

[quote]Protoculture wrote:
Consistency over the long term will determine your overall success. Don’t sweat the small stuff.

[/quote]

i completely agree. i used to worry about shit like this as well.

OP- take it easy man; enjoy the holiday. come back tuesday with ferocity.

not to hijack, but I am on a program that says I should do reps in a 4-0-2 tempo, and today, on one set, I think I did a few reps in like 3.25-0- 2.25.
It is a 6 week program and I am in week three. Should I scrap everything and start over or… please help. I also found dust on my scale and my macro nutrient was supposed to be 40-30-30 and this calculation pushed me to 42-28-30. I used a second scale to calibrate it. I am 12.425175 % bodyfat
Suicide prevention put me on hold…
What do I do?

I would give up and take up building model airplanes…

[quote]ktennies wrote:
Protoculture wrote:

i completely agree. i used to worry about shit like this as well.

OP- take it easy man; enjoy the holiday. come back tuesday with ferocity.[/quote]

Ok so I’m just going to come back on Tuesday which is a cardio day.

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
not to hijack, but I am on a program that says I should do reps in a 4-0-2 tempo, and today, on one set, I think I did a few reps in like 3.25-0- 2.25.
It is a 6 week program and I am in week three. Should I scrap everything and start over or… please help. I also found dust on my scale and my macro nutrient was supposed to be 40-30-30 and this calculation pushed me to 42-28-30. I used a second scale to calibrate it. I am 12.425175 % bodyfat
Suicide prevention put me on hold…
What do I do?[/quote]

At this point, yes scrap everything and start over. But first you have to stop training entirely and eat garbage for three weeks.

Sorry, thems the rules.

I just realized how exhausted I am. I’m really glad I will be taking today and tomorrow off. But when I come back it’s boxing training Tuesday then weights Wednesday and I can’t wait!!!