Gym Bunny

I got 115 for 5 on my front squat!!! I stayed at 155 on my stiff legs. My boyfriend came with me to police my form and for some reason thought I was screwing up on my deads. Turns out it’s just been a while since he’s seen stiff legs from the side or back. ^-^ It really made me laugh because he tried to push me into “proper form” which would have been an impossible contortion of my back. We did a form check with an empty bar and realized this right before my last set. I was going to try a standard dead of 225, but the warmup with 195 was only good for one rep. I had fun with it though.

Good for you. It sounds like you’re enjoying the lifting. It’s great you can share that with your boyfriend. Keep up the great progress!

As of Monday I finished the last of my Wet Wolf program. I don’t have the money to renew but I really don’t care. I think the biggest thing I’ve learned is that aminos are my friend. Other than my supergreens and multi vitamin I think they are probably the best sup I have in my arsenal. I enjoyed the variety in meals, but am going to have to implement intermittently just because super lean red meat is super expensive. I’ve enjoyed a variety of veggies, but I want to branch out there more than I have (squash of any kind is awesome!).

This week is dedicated to figuring out macro ratios and writing a nutrition plan for my future. Yesterday I started on Stronglifts 5x5 routine. I’m not sure yet if this is going to be the program for me, but I’m already sore which is good. I’ve always liked a little bit of morning after pain. It makes me feel like I really must have worked hard. Another benefit of getting off the WW program is I can finally share my routines.
Tuesday was A set.
Squats 5x5 with 135
Bench 5x5 with 65
Inverted rows 3xF 6/7/7
Push ups 3xF 6/5/5
Reverse Crunches 3x12

I’ve never been very good at push ups, but at least I’m not doing knee push ups anymore.
Thursday is B set.
Squat 5x5
Overhead press 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Pull ups 3xF ← Definitely going to need bands here, I’m really weak on these.
Planks 3x30sec

The final bit of news for the day is that I am finally down to 175 again. It’s been about 2.5 years, but I am at my lowest achieved adult weight and probably leaner than I’ve ever been. It won’t be long until I fit into a smaller pant size and get the satisfaction of showing my relatives that “genetics” have no bearing on what we put into our bodies. I’m aiming for another 20 pounds lost by Christmas just so I can show off before I lose the rest by Valentines day ^-^

[quote]Odyssey wrote:
As of Monday I finished the last of my Wet Wolf program. I don’t have the money to renew but I really don’t care. I think the biggest thing I’ve learned is that aminos are my friend. Other than my supergreens and multi vitamin I think they are probably the best sup I have in my arsenal. I enjoyed the variety in meals, but am going to have to implement intermittently just because super lean red meat is super expensive. I’ve enjoyed a variety of veggies, but I want to branch out there more than I have (squash of any kind is awesome!).

This week is dedicated to figuring out macro ratios and writing a nutrition plan for my future. Yesterday I started on Stronglifts 5x5 routine. I’m not sure yet if this is going to be the program for me, but I’m already sore which is good. I’ve always liked a little bit of morning after pain. It makes me feel like I really must have worked hard. Another benefit of getting off the WW program is I can finally share my routines.
Tuesday was A set.
Squats 5x5 with 135
Bench 5x5 with 65
Inverted rows 3xF 6/7/7
Push ups 3xF 6/5/5
Reverse Crunches 3x12

I’ve never been very good at push ups, but at least I’m not doing knee push ups anymore.
Thursday is B set.
Squat 5x5
Overhead press 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Pull ups 3xF ← Definitely going to need bands here, I’m really weak on these.
Planks 3x30sec

The final bit of news for the day is that I am finally down to 175 again. It’s been about 2.5 years, but I am at my lowest achieved adult weight and probably leaner than I’ve ever been. It won’t be long until I fit into a smaller pant size and get the satisfaction of showing my relatives that “genetics” have no bearing on what we put into our bodies. I’m aiming for another 20 pounds lost by Christmas just so I can show off before I lose the rest by Valentines day ^-^ [/quote]

Good for you for taking control. Keep killing it.

Also, don’t be shocked if your relatives are not as supportive of your efforts as you expect. There is a lot of psychology around the potential response of others to your success. If it happens, don’t let it get you down.

Nobody in my immediate surrounding supports my lifestyle. Do it for yourself and the satisfaction of acheiving something few people do.

best of luck.
N

My Mother and sister are wonderfully supportive and they have been overweight as long as I can remember. Neither really know much about nutrition, although I’m still learning myself, but they try to help. My stepfather is a bit apathetic with more of a “good job?” attitude. My boyfriend is actually the best when it comes to this. He pushes me when I don’t want to go to the gym, and helps out every time I have any question. Not to mention he’s a great spotter on my heavy lifts and critiques my form like crazy!

The only person in my family that I really expect to resent me is my aunt. She had a gastric bypass and got skinny, but she has gained all her weight back. When I was diagnosed with insulin resistance and watching my sugars like crazy I would plan for chocolate or other candies just so I wouldn’t have to give them up, but if she saw me reach for one she got angry and controlling “I bought these sugar free ones for you.”

She can be a know it all bitch sometimes, and I absolutely hate it. I know it’s kinda mean, but I want to show up on Christmas and show that I know what I’m doing and hopefully show off my abs.
I appreciate the support here, it’s good to know I have places to go to ask for help. I have multiple reasons for getting fit and getting strong. Not all of them are for me, but all of them mean something to me.

Hello girly,
Late comer to your blog here… congrats on your progress so far SUPER GOOD WORK! You are looking pretty freaking good too.

great progress!!!

[quote]Odyssey wrote:
My boyfriend is actually the best when it comes to this. He pushes me when I don’t want to go to the gym, and helps out every time I have any question. Not to mention he’s a great spotter on my heavy lifts and critiques my form like crazy!

[/quote]
He sounds like an absolute keeper.

He is pretty awesome, not sure where I would be without him.

So yesterday kinda sucked big time on diet. Breakfast was fine(chicken and sweet potato) and I did well on my workout and had a small protein shake after (1 scoop protein plus greens). I didn’t have time to get my usual waxy maize starch in it because I had a presentation in one of my classes. The big issue came around 2 when I was due to eat my next meal, a friend of mine needed to go to the hospital and had no way to transport herself and her child.

I ran to buy a car seat and got them to the ER as fast as possible. I took care of her child while the doctors took care of her and ended up without food for 12 hours. I got home and ate some chicken and an apple before passing out. The total for the day was probably about 700 calories. I wish I could say it was better but I wasn’t prepared for that. What can you even do when you get that kind of call?

Better yet, what do I do now that it’s happened? Should I have eaten more before bed, or is there anything I can do today to make things a bit better? Confusion runs rampant! Either way I’m having a cheat meal tonight, it was planned a week ago and I will not miss it.

I would have eaten more before bed without guilt.
Either way don’t let it get to you. Life happens just do your best to stay afloat. Today is another day to try and keep things together.

by the way: your a good friend, that trumps a perfect diet in my book any day.

[quote]Odyssey wrote:
He is pretty awesome, not sure where I would be without him.

So yesterday kinda sucked big time on diet. Breakfast was fine(chicken and sweet potato) and I did well on my workout and had a small protein shake after (1 scoop protein plus greens). I didn’t have time to get my usual waxy maize starch in it because I had a presentation in one of my classes. The big issue came around 2 when I was due to eat my next meal, a friend of mine needed to go to the hospital and had no way to transport herself and her child.

I ran to buy a car seat and got them to the ER as fast as possible. I took care of her child while the doctors took care of her and ended up without food for 12 hours. I got home and ate some chicken and an apple before passing out. The total for the day was probably about 700 calories. I wish I could say it was better but I wasn’t prepared for that. What can you even do when you get that kind of call?

Better yet, what do I do now that it’s happened? Should I have eaten more before bed, or is there anything I can do today to make things a bit better? Confusion runs rampant! Either way I’m having a cheat meal tonight, it was planned a week ago and I will not miss it.[/quote]

One day won’t make a difference so don’t worry about it. Shit happens. It was better that you didn’t load up before bed rather than try and get all your daily calories in then. Just get back on your horse and keep riding.

The waxy maize should go in your post-workout drink as the bump in insulin helps transport protein to muscles (so they say).

Is the cheat meal planned or do you feel you need it? IMO, if psychologically you don’t need it, then there is no reason to have it in a fat loss regimen.

your gonna look tiny at 140-150!!

We have similar build/height/weight(I’m 5’9") but you look smaller :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone. Hopefully I’ll never deal with surprise fasting again, but perhaps I should find a good recipe for protein bars to take along every day in case something comes up.
Giterdone- I’ve been planning this cheat meal since it’s my birthday today and I don’t think any girl should have to go without some cake on her birthday ^-^ It’s not like I binge on cheats anyways. I get a few bites of the things I want, maybe a little something for desert and I’m full. I don’t eat more volume wise than if it were one of my usual six meals and it keeps my cravings super low.

Happy Birthday!! The big 22! :slight_smile:

22!?!?!?!

dear lord.
(AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!)

Happy Birthday!

Yep. Happy birthday. Let’s see. At 22 I was . . . I can’t remember.

Have a great day. And about the 700-calorie day. That is so not an issue. Life will deal us unpredictabilities at times. Just roll with it and don’t look back.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes ^-^ My gifts consisted mainly of means to buy new clothes, and my boyfriend got me a new fat burner. Not quite what I asked for (a caliper believe it or not), but I’m pretty happy. I was conservative with my lovely German meal, only eating a bit and saving and sending the rest for my sister to have (she lives a few hours away and couldn’t be with me, but my mom was going to visit her). I felt pretty awesome for my lifts the next morning too.
Squat 5x5 145lbs
Bench 5x5 70lbs
Inverted rows 3xF
Push ups 3xF
Rev. Crunches 3x12
I don’t remember where failure was on those movements off the top of my head(they are in my notebook though), but I did a little better than the first workout.

I meant to do fasted cardio on Sunday and rest today, but I failed. So this morning I did declining sets of super burpees in a fasted state. I love burpees since they are such a quick and complete workout so I can get to my protein shake much quicker. ^-^ I also got a bit of an extra workout today chasing kids on a field trip. I’m majoring in Elementary Ed and my Kindergarten observation class went to a local pumpkin patch and farm so I got to go with them. It was a lot of fun, but kinda crazy. The kids really enjoyed it and I got to pick a pumpkin right off the vine in the field to take home! I can’t wait to do my lifts tomorrow, deads are my favorite.

Lifts went well, as expected. I think I’m approaching a plateau on my squat since I’m starting to get slow on the last set.

Squat 5x5 150lbs
Overhead Press 5x5 50lbs <These sucked a lot more this time than last time
Deadlift 1x5 140lbs <I wish the program had more of these. The first time I had them I actually did 3 sets. Oops…
Chinups 3xF 5/6/4 Band assist
Planks 3x30sec

I felt like I was going to throw up if I tried to drink my protein shake right after, so I had to wait until after my shower and still had to drink very slowly. Diet otherwise has been whatever I feel like, but still very clean. I can probably post more on that later. I want variety and something I enjoy overall. Hopefully I can make it to the thrift store tonight and get some new pants since my 12s are getting pretty loose. I’m thinking I may try to find a dress too ^-^