Gym Bloopers...

sooo funny

Even better

[quote]xvsanta42 wrote:

sooo funny[/quote]

I can’t believe the guy that dropped the bar on his neck in a PL meet!

[quote]xvsanta42 wrote:

sooo funny[/quote]

I loved the guy squatting and all the plates fall off the bar and he just stands there like WTF?

how about the fishtank breaking…i was dying

Holy shit. That guy squatting in the first video was amazingly scary. My legs hurt just watching it.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
Even better

I’m going to fucking kill you.

why do people use a suicide grip when they’re benching?

[quote]FlavaDave wrote:
why do people use a suicide grip when they’re benching? [/quote]

Why don’t they use collars?

That girl on the pulley was hilarious.

And Rattler, poor Rick Roll. You have to build it up or it’s just stupid.

Moral of the story: Choose your spotter wisely, and don’t use suicide grip.

good spotting at 50 seconds in, thats how it should always be

Im gonna rick roll all of you.

Is it sad that I actually sit through and watch the entire Rick Roll video everytime someone links it?

I already know the answer is yes but I feel as though I need confirmation.

I need help and lots of it.

I think Rick Astley’s career has been revived due to those stupid Rick Roll vids. I wouldn’t be surprised if his CDs are noticing new sales figures. lol

[quote]Love2Lift wrote:
I think Rick Astley’s career has been revived due to those stupid Rick Roll vids. I wouldn’t be surprised if his CDs are noticing new sales figures. lol[/quote]

Me neither, especially since Dragonforce is getting airplay now because of Guitar Hero. My local station even tried pawning off “Through The Fire and Flames” as new music. lol…

The poor guy that took the elevator STRAIGHT DOWN on the Smith Machine squat attempt @ 5:34 min. in on the first YT link - ouch.

[quote]streamline wrote:
FlavaDave wrote:

Why don’t they use collars?[/quote]

I still don’t understand why they don’t just put horizontal supports a couple inches below legal depth or do competition benching in a power rack that already has them. No spotter is going to be able to catch a 500lb. barbell falling that quickly. The bar would still hit your chest but at least it would be stopped before it crushes you. I don’t have a power rack in my gym but the squat rack has adjustable supports. I pull a bench into that and set the supports so that they don’t interfere with my lift but will protect me if I can’t make it. Simple.

And although I do think the thumbless grip is dangerous, many of the dropped bars in the videos happened with the thumb wrapped around the bar. Your wrist can still give out so it’s best to have a good spotter or set up in a power rack.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
streamline wrote:
FlavaDave wrote:

Why don’t they use collars?

I still don’t understand why they don’t just put horizontal supports a couple inches below legal depth or do competition benching in a power rack that already has them. No spotter is going to be able to catch a 500lb. barbell falling that quickly. The bar would still hit your chest but at least it would be stopped before it crushes you. I don’t have a power rack in my gym but the squat rack has adjustable supports. I pull a bench into that and set the supports so that they don’t interfere with my lift but will protect me if I can’t make it. Simple.

And although I do think the thumbless grip is dangerous, many of the dropped bars in the videos happened with the thumb wrapped around the bar. Your wrist can still give out so it’s best to have a good spotter or set up in a power rack.

[/quote]

Good spotters can avoid all those accidents. The spotters sucked. If you can’t handle your half of 500 (250) you shouldn’t be spotting that lift. Same for big squats; two guys to each side and one in the rear. I was part of a crew that saved a guy from a 750 squat that almost took the monolift with him into the crowd. all the spotters in those vids, where there were spotters, sucked. period.

[quote]Dragonvash wrote:
Is it sad that I actually sit through and watch the entire Rick Roll video everytime someone links it?

I already know the answer is yes but I feel as though I need confirmation.

I need help and lots of it.[/quote]

Rick loves you too.