Gym Bags for Real Men

Because you’re an adult ya god damn troglodyte!

3 Likes

Having to take more than one item of luggage is admitting defeat!

3 Likes

hmmm, only argument would be the shoes and the luggage. I love my $600 ostrich skin cowboy boots (to be fair, a gift, I could never justify that for myself), but I feel like I could make do with a far cheaper pair of loafers and be just fine. Ditto On Luggage, never had any issue just using a duffel and a backpack.

Then again, I grew up shoveling horse sh$% for a living, so i’m certainly not MR GQ…

Lol, I normally only take a carry on and I’ll admit I’ve never needed more than a suitcase for a long trip. I’m not flying back and forth from Israel, though.

2 Likes

Pretty much. I’d like to have a more substantive reason than “people at the Four Seasons and the valet judge you”, but it’s just an visual indicator that you have your life together.

More significant to me than some, perhaps, because I travel ALL THE TIME, to the point that I’ve also mastered how to do actual workouts with crappy hotel gym equipment.

1 Like

Assuming you are a legitimate cowboy, you could pull it off. A director of an oil company I know wears boots, blue jeans (starched, with crease), button down, and custom sports jacket to meetings in NYC at Goldman’s.

Of course, he’s also just shy of being a billionaire (or is one, depending on the price of oil), so he can do what the f–k he wants. Us peons wear ties – and Allen Edmunds.

3 Likes

Oh, If I am wearing a dark suit, I always rock the boots. Ox Blood red, matches with everything and adds just a dash of flair haha. Plus about two inches of much needed height…

If you wear them with a codpiece, you now gain 2" squared.

2 Likes

I hope I’m not the only one who had to google what a codpiece was

That’s what I keep telling my wife but she refuses listen.

Getting matching luggage before you even have a decent codpiece is seriously putting the cart before the horse.

1 Like

How would you colloquialize matching a codpiece with a pair of assless chaps?

Seems rather redundant. I think the codpiece would work best in the chaps could be found in crotchless form as well as assless.

Actually, on second thought, isn’t there typically a bit of an opening around the crotch of chaps? Haven’t really seen them in a while.

If you’re sporting a proper cod piece someone else can carry the luggage. Like a team of apprentice wrenches or something.

2 Likes

Codpieces can be similar to chastity belts in that wrenches might be required for installation/exhumation.

Hey guys I’ve started accumulating quite a few accessories for the gym, belt, wraps straps etc… just wondering what you guys carry then around in? I take a big duffle with clothes shoes etc… already in the locker room, but looking for somthing smaller to carry around during the workout. Cant really find what I’m looking for searching the web just wondering what some of you guys are carrying around to get some ideas that are not to big or cumbersome. Otherwise I might go retro and do a fanny!

Knowing the limited amount of British slang that I do, this made me laugh. A lot.

More on topic, this was a relatively recent thread about basically the same thing. You should be able to sort out some answers if you navigate around the random stuff.