Gym Apparel

I wear the adidas soccer shorts. Not the short ones, but the ones that have a 6 inch inseam. They seem to work fine. For a shirt, I wear a random cut up metal band t shirt or wife beater (sorry…I realize I’ll probably get flamed for it, but at least I’m not a skinny 15 year old kid:).

As for shoes, you can’t go wrong with New Balance 574’s. You know, the ones that come in what? 6,989873436 different colors?

I got some cotton t-shirt or my football t-shirt that we got for free (i usually workout at school so i am not trying to show off), some random shorts, and some random running shoes (those are the only ones i really buy)

Ragged old t-shirt
Cotton twill shorts
Vans skate shoes
…and an evil smile.

Random basketball shorts or mesh/warmup pants. I’ve been reppin all sorts of different EFTS shirts as of late, but any comfortable cotton works. I actually hate lifting in a tight UA shirt, love them for sports and what not but just doesn’t feel right around the iron.

I am going to buy some under armour tactical compression shorts with a under armour microshort. I hear the compression shorts are great for training purposes underneath because they keep you dry as a bone and not too hot.

Here is a link:
http://www.squidoo.com/powerliftingclothing

Anyone try this?

I wear either Addidas running pants or a pair of gym shorts, what ever T shirt I wore the day before as an undershirt and an old beatup pair of Asics that were left in my basement. I have no one to impress since I life at home, hell if I didn’t gross myself out I wouldn’t wear a shirt.

I just wear sleeveless t-shirts and in the winter, track pants
in the summer, basketball shorts

Sometimes I rock the underarmour, though most of it is sweat stained from my hockey days :frowning:

Here’s my gym attire:

Shirt - Under Armour loose-fit shirts or A-shirts

Bottoms - Mostly Champion mesh shorts or Under Armour loose fits. On cold days, it’s jogging pants. As for underneath, compression shorts on leg days and briefs on the others.

Shoes - Nike or Puma

wife beater/sleeves shirt from Sityodtong Muay Thai Academy

sweatpants

some beat ass adidas that used to be white.

i think im going to start bringing a change of shoes again…theres not much scrubbier than some dirty ass old white sneakers. i mean theyre flat soled so for the gym its fine but since im out on the street walking there and back itd be nice not to look like a bum. plus now theres a cute chick with a fat ass at the Foodmaster next door where i get my milk and powerbar after lifting =)

scrubs, and barefoot,yup medical scrubs but then again I work out @ home but the occasion I go to a gym w/a friend, scrubs an chucks.

Cut-off sweatpants, t-shirt I wore to work (usually UA), and Nike Frees that I wore to work.

Gotta love the dresscode here. haha!

“Basketball” shorts that come to about an inch above my knee and a cotton t-shirt. I used to wear cut-offs because I couldn’t stand having my arms constricted by any sort of sleeve, but I decided to start wearing t-shirts and prefer them now. For shoes I have some New Balance running shoes.

I will probably pick up something new over summer or sometime before next school year though. I dropped 80 bucks on these shoes because I was gonna start running all the time, and I ran for awhile, but never enough to get my money’s worth, so now I just wear them whenever I go to the gym.

I would kinda prefer something with less sole to them so that my feet are closer to the ground (more like being barefoot) when doing deads or squats.

cheap cotton t or tank top, basketball shorts from walmart, flat heeled shoes…

Usually I wear tight undergarments (under armour or similar style) and loose shorts and T over that. The gym I use has no heat in the free weight room so I add a sweatshirt and skull cap when needed.

“The gymnasium in ancient Greece functioned as a training facility for competitors in public games. It was also a place for socializing and engaging in intellectual pursuits. The name comes from the Greek term gymnos meaning naked. Athletes competed in the nude, a practice said to encourage aesthetic appreciation of the male body and a tribute to the Gods. Some early tyrants feared gymnasia facilitated politically subversive erotic attachments between competitors.”

-Wikipedia

I couldn’t do it in the nude. I’d have a major problem while doing barbell shrugs across the front.

[quote]Spry wrote:
$2 T-Shirt.
$4 Shorts.
$9 Business socks (I go after work).
$25 Pair flat-soled shoes (only because I was told I could not go barefoot).

Underwear of unkown cost.

Prescription glasses.

I’d look homeless except for the decent wristwatch on my arm.[/quote]

Are the shirts from the salvos, and if not, where do you get such cheap shirts?

[quote]will to power wrote:
Spry wrote:
$2 T-Shirt.
$4 Shorts.
$9 Business socks (I go after work).
$25 Pair flat-soled shoes (only because I was told I could not go barefoot).

Underwear of unkown cost.

Prescription glasses.

I’d look homeless except for the decent wristwatch on my arm.

Are the shirts from the salvos, and if not, where do you get such cheap shirts?[/quote]

Close - they come from Vinnies (St Vincent de Paul Society).

My mum volunteers at a Vinnies and get’s half price on everything there - the shirts are $4 full price.

In fact my mum gives them to me as a gift - the are in fact free!

I’m fucking cheap I know. :slight_smile:

Too help recover my reputation I enter the gym in business attire which costs me a fair bit more than $2.

A long sleeve T-shirt, compression shorts, and a pair of Adidas basketball shorts.

As a side note, it would appear in my gym that the only people who wear tight Ander Armor are either fatass old guys, or 115 pound kids in board shorts who shadowbox in the mirror. Most of the really jacked guys are in hoodies and pants.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
A long sleeve T-shirt, compression shorts, and a pair of Adidas basketball shorts.

As a side note, it would appear in my gym that the only people who wear tight Ander Armor are either fatass old guys, or 115 kids in board shorts who shadowbox in the mirror. Most of the really jacked guys are in hoodies and pants.[/quote]

I saw a guy wearing a bright red under armor turtlneck when I went to the university rec center to do cardio the other day. He was about 6 foot, 160 pounds, hair perfectly gelled, and grunting while he curled the bar :frowning:

At least you could see his totally hawt abz.