Gym Accident Turns Man Gay

Oldish story but just saw it:

Burly rugby player has a stroke after freak gym accidentâ?¦ wakes up gay and becomes a hairdresser
Chris Birch loses eight stone and transforms himself from skinhead to ‘preened man’
Gives up job in bank and retrains as a hairdresser

When 19-stone rugby player Chris Birch suffered a stroke during a freak training accident, his family feared it would be a life-changing injury.
Yet while his recovery certainly brought about a transformation, it seems to have been in a way no one could have expected.
For when he regained consciousness, the 26-year-old â?? who was engaged to his girlfriend â?? claimed he had become gay.

Mr Birchâ??s astonishing change saw him break up with his fiancée, ditch his job in a bank to retrain as a hairdresser and lose eight stone in weight.
He has now moved in with his 19-year-old boyfriend.

Yeah, I’m gonna go ahead and say he was gay before the gym accident. Plus I wish they mentioned what exactly he was doing as far as the training…

haha, this is like some guy who was put on drugs which “turned him gay” and made him meet up with other guys on that handy little App gay guys use.

The only way you suddenly turn gay is if your brain already had some form of gay feelings in it. Nothing to do with the re-wiring of the brain at all.

[quote]goldfingers25 wrote:
I wish they mentioned what exactly he was doing as far as the training…[/quote]

You mean you wish they would have said that he was attempting to do a backflip in front of his friends, landed on his head, rolled down an embankment and broke his neck?

:slight_smile:

Odd but not entirely unheard of. I’ve read case studies of people who have had extreme personality changes after traumatic brain injury.

Even got to observe one in person. A friend of mine had to have surgery to remove damage caused by a brick to the side of the head which was causing him to have severe and frequent seizures. He recovered very well from the surgery but now has some marked differences in his personality and behaviors.

Nothing gay, but definitely far from ordinary for him.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Odd but not entirely unheard of. I’ve read case studies of people who have had extreme personality changes after traumatic brain injury.

Even got to observe one in person. A friend of mine had to have surgery to remove damage caused by a brick to the side of the head which was causing him to have severe and frequent seizures. He recovered very well from the surgery but now has some marked differences in his personality and behaviors.

Nothing gay, but definitely far from ordinary for him.
[/quote]

There’s an interesting book called “Descarte’s Error” that deals with this very subject. One of the primary examples is a guy named Phineas Gage, whose personality was totally changed after getting a railroad spike through his dome: Phineas Gage - Wikipedia

One time I saw on William Shatner’s weird or what some guy got hit by lightening and then became an expert piano player even though he had never played before.

Very strange case (I saw a BBC documentary about this a while ago).

The fact that he both changed his sexuality (alledgedly) & interests/ basic style etc goes way beyond most of the gay dudes that I know/know of (virtually all of the kids I went to school with who have come out of the closet as being gay already acted in a somewhat gay fashion).

Odd indeed!

It is a bit insulting to gay people in general that he felt had to become a stereotypical hairdresser. As Gareth Thomas showed, Gareth Thomas (rugby) - Wikipedia there is no incompatibility between being gay and being an aggressive rugby player. I know many rugby players who happen to be gay.

HAHAHAHA!! Thanks guys. I needed a good laugh. Pharmacology is kicking my ass. Been studying for hours. Y’all really gave my brain a break. He turned gay. I call the bullshit card on this.

I think it’d be weirder if the story was the exact opposite: a gay hairdresser suffers a brain injury, and after he wakes up, he gains 8 stones, breaks up with his 19 year old boyfriend, becomes engaged, and begins playing rugby.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]goldfingers25 wrote:
I wish they mentioned what exactly he was doing as far as the training…[/quote]

You mean you wish they would have said that he was attempting to do a backflip in front of his friends, landed on his head, rolled down an embankment and broke his neck?

:)[/quote]

lol how bout that…it was in there…guess I just got thrown off/stopped reading right when it said he moved in with some 19 year old boyfriend

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
I think it’d be weirder if the story was the exact opposite: a gay hairdresser suffers a brain injury, and after he wakes up, he gains 8 stones, breaks up with his 19 year old boyfriend, becomes engaged, and begins playing rugby. [/quote]

Unfortunately in this day and age I doubt that would ever happen, but that would be a pretty neat story lol. The stroke may very well be just an excuse to come out…yah never know…

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
I think it’d be weirder if the story was the exact opposite: a gay hairdresser suffers a brain injury, and after he wakes up, he gains 8 stones, breaks up with his 19 year old boyfriend, becomes engaged, and begins playing rugby. [/quote]

I’m pretty sure this can’t happen. Brain damage can destroy the circuitry in the brain that gives us inhibitions. In such a case a gay guy who pretends to be straight can lose the inhibitions that cause him to live the straight lifestyle and then he embraces his true nature. Brain damage can’t cause inhibitions that would suddenly cause someone to care what people think and so they start acting straight.

This guy lives about 10 minutes drive from me in a village a few miles away! Played rugby against him in youth! Only in the valleys would something like this happen haha!!!

gay

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]ukrainian wrote:

I’m pretty sure this can’t happen. Brain damage can destroy the circuitry in the brain that gives us inhibitions. In such a case a gay guy who pretends to be straight can lose the inhibitions that cause him to live the straight lifestyle and then he embraces his true nature. Brain damage can’t cause inhibitions that would suddenly cause someone to care what people think and so they start acting straight.[/quote]

What if a guy pretends to be gay because he thinks it makes him popular, because that’s totally a thing now. He could start acting straight.

Or, you could also accept that we are far from all-knowing about the human brain and that odd changes like this are entirely possible(we don’t even know for certain what ‘makes someone gay,’ how are we supposed to then say it’s impossible for it to be changed via trauma).

[quote]red04 wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]ukrainian wrote:

I’m pretty sure this can’t happen. Brain damage can destroy the circuitry in the brain that gives us inhibitions. In such a case a gay guy who pretends to be straight can lose the inhibitions that cause him to live the straight lifestyle and then he embraces his true nature. Brain damage can’t cause inhibitions that would suddenly cause someone to care what people think and so they start acting straight.[/quote]

What if a guy pretends to be gay because he thinks it makes him popular, because that’s totally a thing now. He could start acting straight.

Or, you could also accept that we are far from all-knowing about the human brain and that odd changes like this are entirely possible(we don’t even know for certain what ‘makes someone gay,’ how are we supposed to then say it’s impossible for it to be changed via trauma).[/quote]

LOL You don’t know me at all.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
One time I saw on William Shatner’s weird or what some guy got hit by lightening and then became an expert piano player even though he had never played before.

[/quote]

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]ukrainian wrote:

My comment was all tongue-in-cheek.