Gwyneth Paltrow's Trainer

[quote]Roual wrote:
I’m not sure what it’s like in the states, but the media has too much power to influence in the UK, the majority of people here are sheep, now the weight room will be filled with fucking people fighting over the 3kg weights. [/quote]

3kgs? That twice the limit! They’re fighting over the 1kg weights.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
John Q. Adequate wrote:
Light weight baby!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BUDDY

LIGHT WEIGHT HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP[/quote]

I think Ronnie should go on Oprah.

He could lift the couch.

Or Oprah.

Maybe not Oprah.

[quote]pch2 wrote:
Roual wrote:
I’m not sure what it’s like in the states, but the media has too much power to influence in the UK, the majority of people here are sheep, now the weight room will be filled with fucking people fighting over the 3kg weights.

3kgs? That twice the limit! They’re fighting over the 1kg weights. [/quote]

Hahaha, I love that you catch things like that pch2. :smiley:

Oprah should be banned, she has raised an entire generation of dumbass housewives who literally hate physical fitness

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
Oprah should be banned, she has raised an entire generation of dumbass housewives who literally hate physical fitness[/quote]

Meh…they were lazy before she came along.

The recent influx of awesome women into this site gives me hope.

[quote]MsM wrote:
Nominal Prospect wrote:
“Only 3-pound weights,” Tracy says. “No woman should lift more than 3 pounds.”

I refuse to read any further. That is pure and utter BS and Paltrow looks anorexic.[/quote]

Agreed on both points. I can’t even bring myself to read it.

Paltrow is way too skinny. When she walks her knees look like they buckle inwards. Let’s not worry about strengthening those leg muscles because I’m sure that’s proper leg function.

she is going against the no more than 3 lbs rule! gotta love a rebel!

one of my other favorite pics of her

AIN’T NUTTIN BUT A PEANUT

Guess her husband doesn’t want her getting more muscular than him.

Guys a great singer(lead for Coldplay) but looks like he’ll fall over in stiff wind.

I love how she says that the bands allow her to get deeper into the muscle.

This is the missing link in my training. I haven’t been getting deep enough into my muscles. I swear people will believe just about any bullshit that comes there way. Whats sad is that, truth be told, I have seen plenty of women who look better than these movie star types.

I say that because I live in a city where its no big thing to see an A-list celeb walking around.

I have seen better physiques from women who bust ass in the gym compared to these movie star types.

Also why she will eat birds but not 4 legged animals is just stupid. Chickens bob their heads when they walk because they are on the lookout for me.

nothin to it but to do it

Women lift weights?

I read it as a form of self punishment for sins I have yet to commit and saw the no 4 legged animals line.

So if we chop off the hind legs and put it on wheels, then we can eat it?

also her comment does not rule out cannibalism.

Shit like this really hurts to read.

some of the shit on that show is ridiculous… I dont watch it usually but I was flipping through the channels and I heard the phrase “if you loose 15-25lbs (im a big fat ass!) you’ll see an inch more of your penis” because of the fat around the pubic bone covers part of it…

then I did the math and realized if I got down to 10%bf Id be hitting the big 15" hmm doesn’t sound right to me LOL

I just lost a couple of minutes of my life reading that article. Someone should find this trainer and beat her to death with some pink 3lb dumbells.

Tony Gentilcore has ranted about this a couple of times on his blog at the Boston Herald website.
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/entertainment/step_up/

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
cyph31 wrote:
Oprah should be banned, she has raised an entire generation of dumbass housewives who literally hate physical fitness

Meh…they were lazy before she came along.

The recent influx of awesome women into this site gives me hope.[/quote]

We agree on something? Damn :slight_smile:

I think the women on this site should be crusaders at converting all the cardio bunnies and skinny-fat sisters into iron-loving goddesses such as themselves.

For whatever reason, women need to hear it from other women. No amount of convincing from a healthy, weight lifting man will ever convince a non-weightlifting woman to ditch the 3 pounders. Women tend to hold themselves back in this regard.

[quote]lawsonsamuels wrote:
I read it as a form of self punishment for sins I have yet to commit and saw the no 4 legged animals line.

So if we chop off the hind legs and put it on wheels, then we can eat it?

also her comment does not rule out cannibalism. [/quote]

I knew a guy with a three-legged dog. Would she eat that?

Also, she says ‘I eat everything’ right after the no four legs bit. Can she contradict herself?

She’s no Walt Whitman.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
This will set back women’s weight training decades.

Oh wait, the only people who watch Oprah don’t really work out, anyway. Plus, fewer women lifting heavy = lower chance of someone using my cage at the gym.[/quote]

It’s hard to imagine it being set back any further than it already is, but I think you’re right.

My wife’s friends ask her how she got so lean and hot and she explains the concept of “squatting”, “deadlifting”, and “progressive overload.” That usually ends the conversation.

Every girl thinks they will turn into a man-faced woman bodybuilder if they lift anything heavy. Loading the spine with a barbell is the best bone density builder out there, which is what women need.