Gwyneth Paltrow's Trainer

“Only 3-pound weights,” Tracy says. “No woman should lift more than 3 pounds.”

Tracy is also a big fan of cross-training.

[quote]Meet fitness guru Tracy Anderson. The former dancer-turned-celebrity-trainer recently revealed her tips to the Daily Mail on how she sculpts her A-list clients into gorgeously-toned powerhouses. So gear up and follow these simple tips to the body of your dreams.

Before you begin, keep in mind Anderson’s cornerstone principle: variety. Whatever your routine, keep it as varied as possible, as Anderson believes a stale repetitive routine can actually limit muscle building and toning. If you are constantly working on the same muscles, you will only build in those areas. [/quote]

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2008/03/24/2008-03-24_madonnas_secret_weapon_personal_trainer_.html

For those on this board who endorse cross-training, how does it feel to know that you have such good company?

And here is the thread that started it all:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_strength/does_anyone_believe_in_crosstraining

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
“Only 3-pound weights,” Tracy says. “No woman should lift more than 3 pounds.”

[/quote]

I refuse to read any further. That is pure and utter BS and Paltrow looks anorexic.

Light weight baby!!!

Son of a bitch! Every house wife in the nation clammers to anything “The Oprah” has to say or anything said on “The Oprah’s” show. I’m going to Wal-Mart tonight to check the stock of 3lb db’s I bet they’re sold out!!

[quote]dday wrote:
Son of a bitch! Every house wife in the nation clammers to anything “The Oprah” has to say or anything said on “The Oprah’s” show. I’m going to Wal-Mart tonight to check the stock of 3lb db’s I bet they’re sold out!![/quote]

Don’t forget the 1 and 2 pounders also. You have to work your way up to weight like that.

This will set back women’s weight training decades.

Oh wait, the only people who watch Oprah don’t really work out, anyway. Plus, fewer women lifting heavy = lower chance of someone using my cage at the gym.

Tou mean the curl cage?

And this is why I try to avoid reading anything about celebrities… now I don’t like her, thanks.

It’s insulting to hear someone say that no woman should lift more than 3 pounds. My son weighs a hell of a lot more than that, maybe I should stop lifting him too.

But like pushmepullme said, no one who really works out takes any fitness advice from Oprah’s show seriously. Her viewers are either cows or skinny neurotics.

(*Not meaning to offend any oprah fans here, there are always exceptions.)

Ain’t nuthin’ but a peanut…literaly!

Wow, I’ve been doing it all wrong!
When you are over 35 you must either starve yourself or do serious cardio. And who the hell told me to lift these damn heavy weights every session? Who knew all these muscles were no good for me.

Her arms look so awesome! They are toned, girls remember, biceps muscles make you look like a man. And those sloppy tits, who knew that was fashionable. Here I have been building up my pecs to help give mine a lift.
I have to go sign up for some aerobics classes, at 41 I’ve wasted years of my life lifting heavy weights and limiting cardio.

[quote]MsM wrote:
dday wrote:
Son of a bitch! Every house wife in the nation clammers to anything “The Oprah” has to say or anything said on “The Oprah’s” show. I’m going to Wal-Mart tonight to check the stock of 3lb db’s I bet they’re sold out!!

Don’t forget the 1 and 2 pounders also. You have to work your way up to weight like that. [/quote]

True, true…can’t just start out with 3lbs, they’d end up getting to “big” and looking manly.

[quote]dianab wrote:
When you are over 35 you must either starve yourself or do serious cardio. And who the hell told me to lift these damn heavy weights every session? Who knew all these muscles were no good for me.
Her arms look so awesome! They are toned, girls remember, biceps muscles make you look like a man. And those sloppy tits, who knew that was fashionable. Here I have been building up my pecs to help give mine a lift.
I have to go sign up for some aerobics classes, at 41 I’ve wasted years of my life lifting heavy weights and limiting cardio.[/quote]

BEST POST!!!

[quote]dday wrote:
MsM wrote:
dday wrote:

Don’t forget the 1 and 2 pounders also. You have to work your way up to weight like that.

True, true…can’t just start out with 3lbs, they’d end up getting to “big” and looking manly.[/quote]

Too bad there’s no way to add fractional weights. I see a patent in my name coming. I’m going to be rich! Rich I tell you!

I love that BIG-O and her staff seldom do any research on topics before they are broadcast. Not to mention they do not have 1 iota of concern about the potential damge they can do to the weak minded that tune in for that sacred hour everyday. That and they steal media clips without paying royalities to all the parties involved in the media they rebroadcast.

You see anyone lifting 3 pound weights pat them on the back and instead of saying Livestrong say StayFat.

[quote]John Q. Adequate wrote:
Light weight baby!!![/quote]

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BUDDY

LIGHT WEIGHT HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

I stopped reading at this point
“The former dancer-turned-celebrity-trainer recently revealed her tips to the Daily Mail”

Yeah, the Daily Mail. This is the paper that prints articles that are normally at best have the facts twisted, and at worst are completely factually incorrect.

The ones that they do get right, they write in a style akin to a holier than thou attitude that makes it seem like they’re revealing life changing revellations to the world. I haven’t read the articles, but a couple of recent ones declared how blueberries and spinach in actually GOOD for you and how people should eat it.

I’m not sure what it’s like in the states, but the media has too much power to influence in the UK, the majority of people here are sheep, now the weight room will be filled with fucking people fighting over the 3kg weights. Yes, I’m getting pissed off, even thinking about that fucking paper makes me want to hurt somebody.

[quote]MsM wrote:
dday wrote:

Don’t forget the 1 and 2 pounders also. You have to work your way up to weight like that. [/quote]

I would like to work my way up MsM!! :wink:

[quote]Qaash wrote:
dianab wrote:
I have to go sign up for some aerobics classes, at 41 I’ve wasted years of my life lifting heavy weights and limiting cardio.

BEST POST!!![/quote]

x2! Cracks me up! :smiley:

Hey, I understand the 3lb dumbbell limit. I never read because I’m afraid of becoming a genius.

I guess when your a celebrity you don’t have to do things like pick up your children or a bag of groceries.