GVT Leg Supersets?

I just started the original GVT from Poliquin and I have a questoin about the leg workout. He recommends super-setting the A (10x10) exercises and the B(3x_) exercises. On day one (chest/back) and day three (bis/tris) this makes sense to me because the exercises are pretty much antagonists. But on day 2(legs) he lists back squats and hamstring curls as the A exercises. It seems like this would be more like a compound-set than a super-set and have a different effect than the other two days. My question is, is it okay to do straight sets for the A exercises on leg day? I tried to super-set squats and ham curls today and had to finish squats with straight sets then do the curls after, even with pansie weight.

[quote]Dorso wrote:
I just started the original GVT from Poliquin and I have a questoin about the leg workout. He recommends super-setting the A (10x10) exercises and the B(3x_) exercises. On day one (chest/back) and day three (bis/tris) this makes sense to me because the exercises are pretty much antagonists. But on day 2(legs) he lists back squats and hamstring curls as the A exercises. It seems like this would be more like a compound-set than a super-set and have a different effect than the other two days. My question is, is it okay to do straight sets for the A exercises on leg day? I tried to super-set squats and ham curls today and had to finish squats with straight sets then do the curls after, even with pansie weight. [/quote]

That’s the point. These exercises are supposed to make work hard. Squats and leg curls are supersets because squats are quad dominant and curls are hamstring dominant. Given, squats work all of the leg and lower back too, but they focus mainly on the quads. As for them being hard, this method points out weaknesses quickly. Keep up this training and you’ll get stronger on these lifts. The object of this method is the volume of the lifts. Don’t let you ego interfere. Drop the weight and complete the reps. Keep trying.