Guys that Use Tools

Years ago I came across this website that sells tools at great prices and they have been a god send ever since I learned of them. I use them over sears Craftsman, or Snap On any day of the week. They also have local stores, and I am lucky enough to have a store a few miles from my house.

I thought I would post a link to help out anyone that buys or needs tools. They have just about everything at great prices.

Enjoy!

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
Years ago I came across this website that sells tools at great prices and they have been a god send ever since I learned of them. I use them over sears Craftsman, or Snap On any day of the week. They also have local stores, and I am lucky enough to have a store a few miles from my house.

I thought I would post a link to help out anyone that buys or needs tools. They have just about everything at great prices.

Enjoy!

[/quote]

I clicked on the site and the first thing I noticed was a hydraulic log splitter.

Why the hell would one need a hydraulic log splitter?

I just use an axe.

Talk about demasculinization.

Cool stuff. Im an all around fixit guy myself, Ive got a nice collection of craftsman tools and the like.

There’s one in the same strip mall as the Gold’s I go to. I wanted to buy a sledge to play around with, but they didn’t have any at the time.

Grainger is another store that sells tools too, but more on the professional side than for personal use.

As a person that turns wrenches part time for a living and full time for a living in the past, I strongly recommend this company, as do many men of the same capacity.

Every proefssional wrench turner I know has turned over to this company.

“What does someone need a log splitter for.”

Well, first let me tell you, donkey, the log splitter is cheaper than you will find one elsewhere…take a challenge here and find one for less of equal quality… next, if you were interested or used tools you would have searched further and found that comparable tools can be bought here for 1/2 the price of other places with equal or less value…and if you are not interested and did not use tools, you should not have clicked the link and most definitely not have responded. Your opinion is uneducated and ignorant.

Finally, I ask you, donkey, how many years have you fed your family with splitting logs only? Can you really split logs for 8-12 hours a day, then go out and sell those logs door to door?

The link, as I said, is for “men that use tools.” It is not for you Metro leather high heel with pants matching guys. Move on and don’t respond. Go to another thread and bitch about people like me “not getting with the times,” call triple AAA and go get your nails done.

DONT RESPOND WITH YOUR IGNORANT METRO COMMENTS.

100% return on hand tools says it all.

Good Shit! They have these stores out here in California too.

I’ve been getting Harbor Freight mags for years. I still prefer Husky(particularly Husky ratchets) and Craftsman hand tools because:

1. They are a better quality.
  2. They’re more likely made in America rather than China.
  3. It’s a lot easier to get a replacement when you break a socket or something.

I have both Harbor Freight and Craftsman combination wrenches. The Harbor Freights are narrower and have caused me significantly more hand pain as opposed to the Craftsman.
I have a torque wrench from them, an engine hoist, and jack stands, which were all good for the money. The hoist is made very well and I didn’t have to pay freight shipping on it which was a bonus. The stands and torque wrench are mediocre. I trust another set of stands (I believe from Sears) a lot more. I also have an arc welder from them which I’m not very happy with, but for $90 I’m not going to complain too much.

Basically, for tools you’re going to use frequently, spend the money on the good stuff. You do get what you pay for.

[quote]edgecrusher wrote:
I’ve been getting Harbor Freight mags for years. I still prefer Husky(particularly Husky ratchets) and Craftsman hand tools because:

1. They are a better quality.
  2. They’re more likely made in America rather than China.
  3. It’s a lot easier to get a replacement when you break a socket or something.

I have both Harbor Freight and Craftsman combination wrenches. The Harbor Freights are narrower and have caused me significantly more hand pain as opposed to the Craftsman.
I have a torque wrench from them, an engine hoist, and jack stands, which were all good for the money. The hoist is made very well and I didn’t have to pay freight shipping on it which was a bonus. The stands and torque wrench are mediocre. I trust another set of stands (I believe from Sears) a lot more. I also have an arc welder from them which I’m not very happy with, but for $90 I’m not going to complain too much.

Basically, for tools you’re going to use frequently, spend the money on the good stuff. You do get what you pay for.
[/quote]

Harbor Freight offers 100% return on hand tolls that fail. Need I say more?

please allow me to say more. I had a Craftsman Torque wrench in my tool box for about 2 years. I maybe used it 2-3 times. The wrench cost about $100.00 bucks. The plastic on it broke from simply being in my tool box with my other tools. Understand this is what was earning my cash at the time. I took the wrench back to Sears and was told I needed a receipt because it was not a Craftsman wrench, it was a Sears wrench. And at the same time they wanted to give me a rebuild kit for my Craftsman ratchets that had failed at the time.

I took back a ratchet, and impact to Harbor freight, 2 miles from my home, and they gave me new ones. No excueses, and no offers of a rebuild kit.

I mean seriously, if your breaking your Craftsman stuff enough, then you know it is over priced and they want to give you a rebuild kit, or nothing at all, their service sucks, and you are spending the time from in the door to out the door equal to paying for a new item.

Trying to help you all out here. Take it or leave it. I doubt you have turned more hours on your tools than I, and if you have, then your idea is no better than mine. Pay 1/2 for better quality with Horbor Frieght.

In my line of work Klein Tools are the shit. Harbor freight tools are very low grade mostly imports that will not hold up. vises, drill presses, and hard working implement, ie pry bars, chisels, impact sockets, cutting tools they may be okay for occasional use by the weekend handyman, but not industrial work. Craftsman, snap-on, husky and Klein. I’ve a set of klein lineman’s pliers that are older than most of you and are still going strong.
Grainger has a nice tools selection but I’ve found you need a business account. Grizzly tools are in the same class as HF as well as General tools. Spend a little more and buy quality tools, they save your knuckles and over time your wallet.

Why wouldn’t you just buy tools from these people?

Pete: you and I probably live within 10 miles of each other.

I recently got hooked on Harbor Freight. Got my nail gun there, and a pneumatic grinder for $5.99.

Super awesome for dust masks, gloves, WD-40, knee pads, furniture dollies, tarps, tie-downs, etc.

I was a Craftsman whore for a long time, and I definitely won’t be going back to Sears for a while.

[quote]HOV wrote:
Pete: you and I probably live within 10 miles of each other.

I recently got hooked on Harbor Freight. Got my nail gun there, and a pneumatic grinder for $5.99.

Super awesome for dust masks, gloves, WD-40, knee pads, furniture dollies, tarps, tie-downs, etc.

I was a Craftsman whore for a long time, and I definitely won’t be going back to Sears for a while.[/quote]

Do you work out in Woodbridge? Where at if you do? I didnt like the Golds in Woodbridge so I go to the one in Lorton.

[quote]jrk264 wrote:
Why wouldn’t you just buy tools from these people?

- YouTube [/quote]

I can’t think of any reason why not.

Are you guys serious? I have found Harbor Freight to be low end Chinese made stuff.

Even the name Harbor Freight implies it is imported.

I have never bought a power tool there but I have bought some wrenches and other hand tools.

Low price and low quality. You get what you pay for.

$14.99 18V Cordless drill? Can you say “cheap shit”?

[quote]Petedacook wrote:

I had a Craftsman Torque wrench in my tool box for about 2 years. I maybe used it 2-3 times. The wrench cost about $100.00 bucks. The plastic on it broke from simply being in my tool box with my other tools. Understand this is what was earning my cash at the time.
[/quote]

If you’re earning a living off of a tool that you only use 2-3 times in a two year period, I want in. If your wrench didn’t have a big stamping on it that said “Craftsman,” then it’s not going to be covered by a Craftsman warranty.(Why you would abuse a torque wrench and treat it like any other socket or crescent wrench by keeping it unprotected in a toolbox is beyond me). And actually the last tool I broke was a Harbor Freight 3/8" x 4.0" long socket extension. Go figure.

I can’t say I was making money off turning wrenches when the torque wrench sat in my tool box. It was years ago and I was younger at the time. It was a Sears torque wrench. I found out the hard way that sears and sears craftsman are 2 different things.

At the same time, returning any one of the 3/8 or 1/2 ratchets i have to Sears is quite a pain. I dont know about any else, but my ratchets only last too long. Brek the tip off 1/4", and 3/8" rather frequently, the quick release button stops working on them causing the sockets to fall off, and the ratchet mechanism goes bad and skips so it will not tighten a bolt.

I stilll have a good amount of craftsman sockets and ratchets, but I dont buy any more from them. Horbor freight is just too good of a deal and I have not had any problems with their products beyond the problems I have with Sears stuff.

I mean a 21 gallon 3 HP upright air compressor for $179.00 can’t be beat. Maybe someone can use the web site.

Sears customer service is pretty bad sometimes depending on who’s working or which location you go to. Also, Craftsman products are certainly not the best out there. I do recommend you check out Husky ratchets. The heads are a little big and the ratcheting isn’t as fine as Craftsman “mushroom” head rackets (I avoid the Craftsman “flat” head ones w/ the plastic quick release). Occasionally the Husky’s get hung up between teeth when working in tight spaces, but so far they are my favorite.