Guys Over 50 and Taking T: Sound Off

HFS! With an AI as well?

1 Like

Oh yeah. I was taking Arimidex. I treated my body like a science project! LOL

1 Like

I personally got leaner on supra-physiological doses of Test. That said, I’m hesitant to tell you to go that route without doing your own research.

Tren was the greatest fat loss drug I found, however, it comes with a high price. (Hint: do some research on tren sides)

1 Like

I actually have one test result where my blood level was >5000 but I don’t have a copy of that on my machine right now.

Christ. How did you feel?

Fucking AWESOME! Actually on Test/Tren I felt 18 again. It was crazy. I could eat anything I wanted. I ate huge bowls of cereal and junk food and I was constantly hungry with constant cravings just like an 18 year old. All I wanted to do was eat, screw and lift (not necessarily in that order)

1 Like

Vasectomy equals bigger loads? What does he mean by this? :thinking:
LOL

Meaning you dont have to worry about her getting pregnant. I still use the withdrawal method. I just don’t want to fuck with my balls even though am on trt.

1 Like

I hear ya. I’m 53, 2 kids and I will NOT let anyone cut anything around there. LOL
Wifey has an IUD. DONE.

After she goes through menopause. I will make up for it and fill her up all the time!!

1 Like

Someone told me about that. Need to talk to her about that…

Female hormonal birth control comes with its fair share of sides and isn’t for everyone. My wife didn’t tolerate the pill very well…her periods got worse along with weight gain. So I went under the knife after our third kid. It only took 15 minutes but it wasn’t fun.

Seems like 15 min vs years of drugs is a good trade-off. I had mine done years ago. No big deal.

1 Like

But they have a non hormonal IUD. It’s copper. Any thoughts?

64y/o Been on TRT for almost five years, 200mg testosterone cypionate, one a week injection, that has not changed from day one. No anastrozole now, never any low E2 or high E2 symptoms regardless of level or type of E2 test.

1. Gained fat over the years, decreased strength, decreased muscle mass, libido seemed ok, “for my age”. Wife started HRT at the same time, so we did this together. Total test around 330, free test around 60-70 (?).

2. Lost five inches off my waist in six months, lost 15-20 lbs fat, gained 10-15 lbs of muscle. Net loss of ~5lbs. Increased libido after two weeks, increased energy after two weeks, joints felt better in about a month with concurrent increase in strength.

3. Hard to say really, I guess I don’t like that it isn’t free………….

4. Libido, did not know what to expect here, but let’s just say I wouldn’t be doing TRT if my wife wasn’t doing it as well. Fat loss, again, no real expectations, but I almost look skinny, no one believes I weigh what I do, 225-230. I hear, “you carry it well” all the time.

Hindsight is 20/20, wish I did this in my 40s.

1 Like

I’ve heard this from some guys. They seem to hit a wall. I guess you just get to a point where you cross the line and it starts. I liken it to heart disease. Some have a gradual onset of symptoms. For others, the first symptom is death, they’re dead before they hit the ground. Healthy guys (were they really healthy?) drop dead all the time. Felt great yesterday, dead today.

1 Like

Nice article that claims testosterone scrips are actually declining in USA.

IF YOU’RE AN OLDER MAN thinking about testosterone therapy to improve your mood, energy and sex drive, there’s an important distinction to be made: Do you actually have low testosterone levels, confirmed by blood tests? Or do you have normal or low-normal testosterone levels but want to try treatment anyway?

My experience indicates otherwise. I wonder if it is more likely an increasing number of men are bailing out of organized medicine, and accessing testosterone privately and thus are off the grid. I would not be counted in their statistics.

1 Like

Hadn’t heard of that one. Zero hormones is cool in my book.

You cant really confirm unless you had the foresight to start getting numbers in your 20s/30s/40s. The blood test and range is just a point in time and measured against the population average. According to my docs lab 175 is considered normal. Yeah…miss me with that bullshit please.

Now I will read the article :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: