Guys 45+ no TRT still awesome?

Just trying to get a sense of how many guys 45+ NOT on TRT can go on without slowing down in the gym, losing muscle mass, as well as in the bedroom?

I’m not on TRT, and I’m doing OK in at least two of those three areas.

I’m 46 and haven’t had any issues with the three items you mentioned. I’m not sure “awesome” would be the right description but my numbers are okay. Was able to bench 336 and dead 512 at 183 pds after tearing my bicep tendon doing competition curl earlier in the day at my last meet in February.

Maintaining muscle mass hasn’t been a problem for me. Main negative difference I have noticed over the past several years is that staying lean is tougher and if that is the look you are going for it will require a lot of attention to diet as well as training.

I haven’t felt or looked “awesome” in years if ever, though. Staying lean has never been a problem for me. Maintaining and increasing muscle is a problem, though, and the bedroom is just meh… But not sure I want to deal with the hair loss I will have on TRT (very prone to that). I have been on TRT and came off it because the negatives came to outweigh the positives.

[quote]seekonk wrote:
Just trying to get a sense of how many guys 45+ NOT on TRT can go on without slowing down in the gym, losing muscle mass, as well as in the bedroom?

[/quote]

I’m 44 next month and not on TRT, but I’m definitely starting to notice a loss of muscle mass in the bedroom!

Edit:wrong response heres my answer

I am 44 not on TRT and still do fine, coming back from some setbacks but doing well in all departments you asked.

[quote]seekonk wrote:

[/quote]

I started TRT at 44 y.o. but I can say the weights still went up in the gym at that age. I wouldn’t say I was making any gains but then I may have been tapped out naturally. As for in the sack, no issues. Muscle mass, was about the same, just not cut.

I think we tend to loose track of the biggest factor that go into your question;LIFE! At 45 most guys are married and have children. Work becomes more of a priority, there’s ballgames to go to, school workshops, and the list goes on and on. Therefore, your gym time can suffer along with the desire to even be there. So that will lead to the muscle mass loss; little lifting = little muscle.

Like I said, most guys are married and have been for some time. Ya, you may not look 21 any more but neither does she. Right, wrong or indeferent, it can be the same old same old.( bet I take some heat for saying that!)

I’m single though, so that is not a factor. Had some health setbacks though (spondylitic disease), that is more or less controlled now but almost did me in at one point.

50th BD in July
No TRT
Although I feel I have productive workouts, my ‘top end’ strength has certainly deteriorated and I am unable to consume the same daily calories as I had in the past.
I suspect a loss of about 5lbs of LBM over the last decade.
No issues satisfying carnal desires.

**I have read that men on TRT experience a higher rate of muscle pulls and tendon issues…anyone heard anything similar?

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
50th BD in July
No TRT
Although I feel I have productive workouts, my ‘top end’ strength has certainly deteriorated and I am unable to consume the same daily calories as I had in the past.

**I have read that men on TRT experience a higher rate of muscle pulls and tendon issues…anyone heard anything similar?
[/quote]

I heard that and seen that as well with people go on TRT and then train like they are 25 when in reality they are closer to 50-55.

Age and mileage add up - just because you have added a supercharger to your motor but your transmission is stock well all that horsepower and torque is going to do a number to that Trans.

[/quote]

I heard that for men on steroid cycles. Never heard of it just for TRT, though reading some of these forums, many guys say they do TRT when they are actually on steroid cycle doses.

Not on TRT .

Hitting 44 this year still making gains in the gym (powerlifting total) and no complaints in the bedroom. Biggest change for me over the last couple of years is I can’t lift two days in a row and need a 48 hour break from the weights when I’m lifting near 90%.

I’m also doing Yoga and light conditioning on off days…If i don’t do the off day stuff I feel like shit and it sets me back.

[quote]HARA wrote:
Not on TRT .

Hitting 44 this year still making gains in the gym (powerlifting total) and no complaints in the bedroom. Biggest change for me over the last couple of years is I can’t lift two days in a row and need a 48 hour break from the weights when I’m lifting near 90%.

I’m also doing Yoga and light conditioning on off days…If i don’t do the off day stuff I feel like shit and it sets me back.[/quote]

I’ve had some successes with short 30 day prohormone cycles 1-2 times per year done with proper pct. Ostarine, a sarm, can be done more frequently. strongly agree with the rest and light conditioning idea. I need to do each bodypart 1 time per week only, lift 3 days hard doing finishers and 4 days light conditioning. Stretch dail as well. Rest and recovery is the key.

Still debating the trt. Maybe around 70.

50th BD in July
No TRT

[/quote]

BlueCollarTr8n,

Looking good! I’ve done TRT for 3 years now with no regrets. When the time comes, don’t fear it. You’ve kept Father Time at bay for some time.

I will say there is more to TRT then being able to lift more weight. This thread is not for that debate though. When it comes to more injuries, the longer you preform at a high level, your odds of injuries goes up. Personally, never had any issues even when I was lifting heavy.

I’m 44, still getting bigger and stronger, and I’m still chasing ass.

might think about TRT at some point in the future.

44 here (until Oct). No TRT and doing ok in the gym and bedroom (or wherever).

But I think that TRT is an individual thing.

I also have all of my hair. Nana nana boo boo.

james

[quote]seekonk wrote:
I haven’t felt or looked “awesome” in years if ever, though. Staying lean has never been a problem for me. Maintaining and increasing muscle is a problem, though, and the bedroom is just meh… But not sure I want to deal with the hair loss I will have on TRT (very prone to that). I have been on TRT and came off it because the negatives came to outweigh the positives. [/quote]
Whats wrong with just shaving your head?

Instead of going the TRT route because of 'low Test score" what about trying too fix the problem instead of Band-aiding it?

Is your Diet in check with enough healthy fats included?

Are you supplementing with Vitamin D? If so how much?

Are you taking ZMA?

Are you staying away from Soy and wheat products. (this includes dairy)

Have you looked into trying to raise your own Test levels Free and Total Test by using Clomid or Nolvadex ?

If you haven’t explored these options or have no clue why I asked these questions TRT is the farthest thing you should be doing IMO.

Lets discuss